• 2 Post By capehorn24

Thread: JD737 zero turn

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-19-2014 @ 05:47 AM
    Thanks

JD737 zero turn

Hey to all, just joined

Got a problem, my737 will cut fine for a while then stall as if no gas then go back to cutting been troubleshooting this is what I have done so far
    1. cleaned carb, installed a rebuild kit, didn't do the jets but cleaned every orifice that I saw, everything looked ok
    2. cleaned battery post, then later installed new battery, charging system checked out ok by 2 different testing methods, battery light was blinking on and off(hopefully that issue is solved)
    3.changed out fuel pump, even installed screw clamps on vacuum lines to help with vacuum, that seemed to help pumping a little.
    4 changed out fuel filter
    5 inspected fuel line in tank seems to be ok as far as I can tell. As far a fuel goes we only use gas out of a non ethanol pump

There is a fuel shut off solenoid located below the carb, could it be send false signals and shutting off fuel after the mower starts getting hot? part cost about $140 so not want just to part swap
    Possible hole in fuel tube in tank sucking air? next time cutting if mower acts up told her fill up to see if that is possible solution
    Could bad\weak battery be the cause of all problems, haven't cut grass since installing new battery?

My wife the grass cutter is getting mad because the mower is acting up, we cut 5+/- acres takes about 3:15Hrs to cut last time it took 5+ hrs. because of mower shutting off

Any ideas?
    BA

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-02-2018 @ 09:17 PM
    Thanks
    Kinda sounds like seat safety switch.. Does if just flat die like shutting the key off or sputter and then die?

4. The Following User Says Thank You to NEWT For This Useful Post:

capehorn24 (08-17-2014)

5. Top | #3
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,899 Times in 2,875 Posts
    Welcome to GTT capehorn24.
    I assume after is stalls it starts right back up without waiting for it to cool down?
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for the reply's

It sputters then catches up and sometimes it shuts off, seat safety switch haven't thought of that one the other day as I was working on it wife was wondering it seat switch could be source of problem, The shutting down of the mower is just like getting off of the set while all is running

Yes it will start right back up
    Last edited by capehorn24; 08-11-2014 at 05:46 AM. Reason: additional info

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    07-30-2019 @ 05:58 PM
    Thanks
    My buddy had this on his JD zero. It was his battery. Mow, and let us know if it works since you changed the battery.
    Don't squat with your spurs on!
    JD 5065E, JD 737 Z-Turn, Can Am XT1000, Massey 271, Massey 451, Vermeer Baler, Various other tools.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to purplewg For This Useful Post:

capehorn24 (08-17-2014)

10. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    It was the seat safety switch, wiring good, switch good just wasn't making consistent contact, after removing the switch, forced the limit and mower worked better than ever. I guess all the other work did help.

Thanks for the input

BA
    Gizmo2 and dieselshadow like this.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements