Help, anyone else have an oddball "PWRFLO 60 MOW" unit like mine?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Help, anyone else have an oddball "PWRFLO 60 MOW" unit like mine?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-25-2018 @ 10:48 AM
    Thanks

Help, anyone else have an oddball "PWRFLO 60 MOW" unit like mine?

I'm hoping you guys can help me find a discharge-chute that'll fit my Power Flow and 3 bagger.
    I recently bought this used Powerflow and 3-bag, bagger, but the guy didn't have a chute...

The serial numbers on my Power Flow designate it as being made in 2005, and I think that might be the only year this model was made with a (top-hinged) flap on it's discharge port. My Powerflow seems to be designed for the Chute to fit inside of it's discharge port, not outside like most other Powerflows...

The chute I need will be approximately 6-1/2" tall X 6" wide to fit inside the discharge port of my Powerflow.
    The Input port of my bagger is the round 6" size. and already has the angled diverter inside.

Does anyone know the J/D part number for the Chute that'll work for my situation?

My mower is a 1999, 445 (AWS) with 60" deck.
    Here's my pics, let me now if you need more pics or info.

Thanks!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere 6.jpg   20180205_093308.jpg   20180205_093053.jpg   20180205_092922.jpg   20180205_092430.jpg  

John Deere 2.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Thanks
    I've been searching the net for pics of Powerflow's. I found 100's of pics of the other Powerflow models, but this is the only pic I've been able to find of a Powerflow model like mine, that also includes a chute & bagger. His Powerflow has the top-hinged flap on the discharge port just like mine. His Chute is also installed inside the Powerflow discharge chute like I need. I realise he has a 2 Bagger instead of a 3-bag system, but I'm thinking a Chute just like his would work just fine for my application...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 425.Powerflow.60.jpg  
    Last edited by Eric Andersen; 02-05-2018 at 11:53 AM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:02 PM
    Thanks
    Could you use a piece of 6" culvert pipe?
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes I could use Culvert Pipe, but It wouldn't make a good seal at the square flange of my Powerflow. It'd blow grass out at each of the 4 corners...

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Andersen View Post
    I'm hoping you guys can help me find a discharge-chute that'll fit my Power Flow and 3 bagger.
    I recently bought this used Powerflow and 3-bag, bagger, but the guy didn't have a chute...
    I"d guess there's a good reason for that. The PowerFlow head you have was designed for the Deere 1- and 2-bag collection systems. But you have a 3-bag system. No worky!

It looks like whoever you bought that setup from was grabbing parts from multiple machines and trying to cobble something together.

The serial numbers on my Power Flow designate it as being made in 2005
    According to Deere Parts Catalog 2111, this is correct.

The chute I need will be approximately 6-1/2" tall X 6" wide to fit inside the discharge port of my Powerflow.
    The Input port of my bagger is the round 6" size. and already has the angled diverter inside.

Does anyone know the J/D part number for the Chute that'll work for my situation?
    I don't think such a beast exists. All the chutes for that blower are rectangular from end-to-end. So if you wish to use it, you'd have to make your own chute (perhaps by modifying a Deere chute like P/N M73715 ?)
    Last edited by JimR; 02-05-2018 at 12:31 PM.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    You have grass in AZ???

Just kidding....

My initial thought was along the same lines of using a 6" culvert but keep in mind if you go that route you will be replacing it quite often. I wouldn't expect it to be able to stand up to much use. If you wanted to try and figure out a solution it might work as a temp get it cheap and working solution then go back and buy the more expensive hose that will last. Here is an example of a place that sells the better stuff.

http://leafvacuumhose.com

Now, back to your issue. You need to go from a square hole to a round one or at least that is what it looks like from the photos. Off the top of my head I would try and head over to the hardware store and look in the HVAC Supplies area. You might get lucky and find some adapter made from tin that goes from a square or rectangle opening to round that would be a start in modification. You know another option I just thought of. Look in Criagslist for someone that provides 3d printing services. I just got my first 3D printer but it would be tough to do it for you because we are so far away but you might find someone local that is willing to model and print an adapter to go from your square opening to a normal round 6" where you could use the hose from the link above. If you go this route I would ask for on delivery that the provide not only the part but the .stl file. This is the 3D model that is processed and printed. Ask for this so that in the event that the part wears out (it will eventually) you could take that file to someone to have them print it if the original person is no longer providing those services. I would probably try and find someone that can print in ABS. Technically I can print ABS but I have never tried and it is more fussy. I have done everything in PLA for now but I don't think it will be strong enough to last very long. Might even consider lining a part made with some tin to make it last longer. They won't be able to print the entire part but should be able to print an adapter to go to 6" round.

Other than that, have you tried a dealer? They may be more versed in doing a parts look up on an oddball part or have the means to escalate the inquiry to someone at corporate. I do know that you can access the parts fiche but have found that if looking for something like this it can be difficult. Wish I could be of more help.
    H-D dealer dude likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    [QUOTE=JimR;2623370]I"d guess there's a good reason for that. The PowerFlow head you have was designed for the Deere 1- and 2-bag collection systems. But you have a 3-bag system. No worky!

It looks like whoever you bought that setup from was grabbing parts from multiple machines and trying to cobble something together.

The serial numbers on my Power Flow designate it as being made in 2005{/quote]

According to Deere Parts Catalog 2111, this is correct.

I don't think such a beast exists. All the chutes for that blower are rectangular from end-to-end. So if you wish to use it, you'd have to make your own chute (perhaps by modifying a Deere chute like P/N M73715 ?)
    Yes your right, the seller told me this Powerflow and bagger came from different mowers.

I thinking I could probably buy all the componets to convert my 3-bagger over to a rectangular input... Do you know for sure if the outside dimensions of that P/N M73715 chute is around 6" X 6-1/2" ? (I'll call a dealer and have him measure If your not sure...)

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks
    Yes your right, the seller told me this Powerflow and bagger came from different mowers.

I thinking I could probably buy all the componets to convert my 3-bagger over to a rectangular input... Do you know for sure if the outside dimensions of that P/N M73715 chute is around 6" X 6-1/2" ? (I'll call a dealer and have him measure If your not sure...)
    I do not. The JD Parts catalog doesn't list dimensions. That part number is one of the chutes listed that works with model of the blower you listed. My guess is that the dealers aren't going to be able to tell you the dimensions either unless they happen to have that P/N sitting on a shelf and go and physically measure it themselves.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    You have grass in AZ???

Just kidding....

My initial thought was along the same lines of using a 6" culvert but keep in mind if you go that route you will be replacing it quite often. I wouldn't expect it to be able to stand up to much use. If you wanted to try and figure out a solution it might work as a temp get it cheap and working solution then go back and buy the more expensive hose that will last. Here is an example of a place that sells the better stuff.

http://leafvacuumhose.com

Now, back to your issue. You need to go from a square hole to a round one or at least that is what it looks like from the photos. Off the top of my head I would try and head over to the hardware store and look in the HVAC Supplies area. You might get lucky and find some adapter made from tin that goes from a square or rectangle opening to round that would be a start in modification. You know another option I just thought of. Look in Criagslist for someone that provides 3d printing services. I just got my first 3D printer but it would be tough to do it for you because we are so far away but you might find someone local that is willing to model and print an adapter to go from your square opening to a normal round 6" where you could use the hose from the link above. If you go this route I would ask for on delivery that the provide not only the part but the .stl file. This is the 3D model that is processed and printed. Ask for this so that in the event that the part wears out (it will eventually) you could take that file to someone to have them print it if the original person is no longer providing those services. I would probably try and find someone that can print in ABS. Technically I can print ABS but I have never tried and it is more fussy. I have done everything in PLA for now but I don't think it will be strong enough to last very long. Might even consider lining a part made with some tin to make it last longer. They won't be able to print the entire part but should be able to print an adapter to go to 6" round.

Other than that, have you tried a dealer? They may be more versed in doing a parts look up on an oddball part or have the means to escalate the inquiry to someone at corporate. I do know that you can access the parts fiche but have found that if looking for something like this it can be difficult. Wish I could be of more help.

Lol, yes our place here has a couple acres of irrigated Giant Bermuda that grows about a foot tall every week in the summer. - - - Thanks for the link and info. I already have this Chute adaptor that goes from a 6" x 6" square to a round 6". It's also got a bit of an angle that might help a streat chute fit better. It fits the input of my bagger perfectly, and I could easily mod & attach it to a 6" x 6-1/2: Chute. Here's a pic of it. I could instal this Chute adaptor in my Powerflow, and then just use some type of 6" flexible tubung in-between, but I thought I'd at least try to find the correct Chute before I rig something up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20180205_115532_1517858098079.jpg  
    Last edited by Eric Andersen; 02-05-2018 at 01:29 PM.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 PM
    Thanks
    Lol, yes our place here has a couple acres of irrigated Giant Bermuda that grows about a foot tall every week in the summer. - - - Thanks for the link and info. I already have this Chute adaptor that goes from a 6" x 6" square to a round 6". It's also got a bit of an angle that might help a streat chute fit better. Here's a pic of it:
    If you can make that adapter work for you, I would go with the round hose. What does the port on the bagger look like? Your photos of your machine made it look more oval. The photo you found on the internet of the 2 place bagger looked round. I think that is going to be a problem if you found an actual chute from JD. My X585 uses a rectangular chute on the powerflow end but I think the dimensions are different than yours. The part that goes into the cart is square so it wouldn't help you at all.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast