X300r

Thread: X300r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-28-2016 @ 09:51 PM
    Thanks

X300r

Anyone out there using one of these machines? I'm looking to replace my old mower (non JD) which originally had a rear discharge deck, I really liked the rear discharge deck and being able to "trim" on either side,, while "shopping" online I saw the X300R, rear discharge though powered and am wondering how well it works out in the real world or if its a pita with clogging. I've prettty much decided that whichever machine I choose it will have a powered collection system after using a non powered clogger.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-18-2017 @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    I've had my X300R for three years now; somewhere between 65-70 hours - I'd guess.

I use it to maintain my horse pastures and house lawn. Probably 1.5-2 acres of fairly level ground. Thatch in the spring, mow and spray for weeds and spread fertilizer - I use it for a number of different chores.

No problems whatsoever, thus far. And I mow when it's damp (not wringing wet) and it does not plug easily. On that measure - it's hard to plug it - but you can if you really push the wet mowing. After a couple of times up to my armpit... I don't push it when it's pretty wet anymore!

There have been a number of different posts regarding the K46 transmission on the 300 series machines - they're a weak link - evidently. It's not been a problem for me but it has been for other owner's. I really like the rear bagger setup and especially like the ruggedness of the blower and the fact that it will keep mowing and blowing when most other lawn tractors would be plugged!

Of course, being able to mow from each side without worry along fencelines and gates is a major plus for me as well.

Easy on fuel, easy starts, plenty of power for most mowing chores.

Time will tell on the transmission...

AKfish

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks for your real world review,, last thing I need is a new machine that wont put it in the bag, I can keep the old one for that I have heard the K46 is the weak spot also and I wonder with this model being a dedicated bagger hauling the extra couple hundred pounds around why JD didnt put the heavier trans into it? Would seem like a no brainer to me? I guess I'll have to rely on the 4yr warranty for that issue, but my main concern is the clogging and it seems from your response its a non issue.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    If the transmission was a heavier duty model; say, the K58 - I'd venture that the X300R would be the best-bang-for-the-buck mower tractor that Deere sells!

AKfish

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I dropped by the local dealer with expectations of ordering one and waiting, but to my surprise they had one in stock ready to go! Pics once it gets here.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Pics as promised,,,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2007.JPG   IMG_2016.JPG  

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Congratulations! Very nice... and you've got a fantastic yard and house, too! Best of luck with your new machine.

AKfish

Here's a pic of mine with my "hired hand" at the helm!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails This is all they let me drive.JPG  

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    08-12-2012 @ 09:18 AM
    Thanks

x300r

I do not advise to buy the 300R, for the following reasons:
    1. he mouth too fast at the turbine. Compared with my 25 year old 12.5 hp, that I have assessed for 250 EUR, it takes no comparison. I have to mow two or three times more often than the former, otherwise blockages guaranteed.
    If you go three weeks or more vacation, planning a gardener to mow in your absence, or rent a mower to your return, for the John Deere X300R you will be completely in the s..t.
    At John Deere you said that your grass is too thick and too long. (with the X300R, never put fertilizer!)
    2. For the lead, it takes you 20 minutes, en you need an elevator, because the turbine has everything packed into the drive. Good luck!
    3. Whenever you turn right, even slightly, it remains a straight line between the mowed strip, not quite cross.
    4. On a gently sloping terrain, the plate swings down. This gives a height difference of mowing 3 to 4 cm between the two sides.
    In short, if you really want to buy a John Deere X300R, I offer mine to 4000 EUR. It is like new, has been verified by John Deere which guarantees me
    everything runs smoothly.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements