• 1 Post By KevinA
  • 2 Post By H-D dealer dude

Thread: x300 wont start

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-18-2018 @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks

x300 wont start

hello new to the forum but would like to hear some ideas on what could cause it not to start here is what i have checked so far
    i could jump across Solenoid tractor would start so i replaced it with a new one now the tractor still wont start the relay just clicks
    i can jump from power from battery to purple wire on solenoid tractor will start took my meter and check the key switch it is good can anyone help please getting ready to trade it in on my new 2038r
    if i can get this thing to start lol

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
    hello new to the forum but would like to hear some ideas on what could cause it not to start here is what i have checked so far
    i could jump across Solenoid tractor would start so i replaced it with a new one now the tractor still wont start the relay just clicks
    i can jump from power from battery to purple wire on solenoid tractor will start took my meter and check the key switch it is good can anyone help please getting ready to trade it in on my new 2038r
    if i can get this thing to start lol
    Try removing the small wire from the solenoid. Then use a jumper wire between the battery positive post and the terminal. The system will crank if it's able to.
    Also check if you have power to the small wire when you turn the key to start. If not a safety system is probably acting up.

I would just have the dealer pick it up (as your trade in) when they drop off your new one. lol lol
    Then it's there problem. Isn't that the reason most people trad things in? To make it someone else's problem. lol
    KevinA likes this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

KevinA (02-18-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    Try removing the small wire from the solenoid. Then use a jumper wire between the battery positive post and the terminal. The system will crank if it's able to.
    Also check if you have power to the small wire when you turn the key to start. If not a safety system is probably acting up.

I would just have the dealer pick it up (as your trade in) when they drop off your new one. lol lol
    Then it's there problem. Isn't that the reason most people trad things in? To make it someone else's problem. lol
    thanks for the info it will start taking power to the small wire and i would like to make it there problem
    H-D dealer dude likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks

it will crank if i i jump from power to small post
    H-D dealer dude likes this.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks

found it

found the problem today when i got up. I feel so damn stupid not even funny blown fuse was the issue i found check them when this problem started but when i read it with my meter it read replaced all fuses tractor will start now

thanks for everyones help and advice
    TJR345 likes this.

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinA View Post
    found the problem today when i got up. I feel so damn stupid not even funny blown fuse was the issue i found check them when this problem started but when i read it with my meter it read replaced all fuses tractor will start now

thanks for everyones help and advice
    Oviously the small wire didn't have power when the key was turned to start/crank.

That's the easiest test to run when you have a no crank issue. It works on a lot of different equipment, cars and trucks. Just have to be careful because you are bypassing all the safety systems. If you have a manual transmission in gear away it will go. lol
    TJR345 and KevinA like this.
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to H-D dealer dude For This Useful Post:

KevinA (02-19-2018)

11. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Oviously the small wire didn't have power when the key was turned to start/crank.

That's the easiest test to run when you have a no crank issue. It works on a lot of different equipment, cars and trucks. Just have to be careful because you are bypassing all the safety systems. If you have a manual transmission in gear away it will go. lol
    That wouldn’t be good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements