D105 Stuck in Reverse

Thread: D105 Stuck in Reverse

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-17-2014 @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks

D105 Stuck in Reverse

Help please!

I just got a D105 a few weeks ago. While mowing the lawn today, I put it in reverse and now can't get it to come out.

I tried pushing it to get it to come out, and moved it to level ground to try and get it out.

It won't start on its own, but I jumped it and it runs fine. Moves in reverse with no issues. But, I just can't get it to come out of reverse.

Any suggestions?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 PM
    Thanks
    I have done several of these. One was an internal failure and the others were jammed due to broken external pieces on the shift cams. Are you still under warranty?

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-17-2014 @ 06:58 PM
    Thanks
    Yes, still under warranty. I've literally used it 3 times.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by vail66 View Post
    Yes, still under warranty. I've literally used it 3 times.
    then you MUST take it to JD and have it repaired. When anyone else mechanics on it will void the rest of the warranty.
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmo View Post
    then you MUST take it to JD and have it repaired. When anyone else mechanics on it will void the rest of the warranty.
    Not sure why you would take it anywhere but the dealer while its still under warranty, but doing so does not automatically void the warranty.

Granted, warranty may not cover the breakdown or issue that the non dealer mechanic was working on or things that shop did, but the overall warranty remains.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-09-2015 @ 12:00 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Not sure why you would take it anywhere but the dealer while its still under warranty, but doing so does not automatically void the warranty.

Granted, warranty may not cover the breakdown or issue that the non dealer mechanic was working on or things that shop did, but the overall warranty remains.
    I thought all manufactures had a clause in their warrantee to void the warrantee if someone else worked on their products. I know I wouldn't take the chance.
    316, 332, 425, 430, 4200, 4300, 4720 w/cab, 54" front blade, 5' rear blade, 2 bottom JD plow, 4' JD tiller, 5' Woods tiller

9. Top | #7
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,249 Times in 2,557 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gimmo View Post
    I thought all manufactures had a clause in their warrantee to void the warrantee if someone else worked on their products. I know I wouldn't take the chance.
    No sir. They may try to do that, but technically that's against the law. When under warranty a manufacturer has to prove that you (or installed product) has negatively effected the original design. Most times it's much easier to tell a customer that the warranty is void, but nobody checks, or understands that only the effected part/system is void of warranty.

For example, if you add an aftermarket air filter and your engine is suddenly low on power, the dealer may claim the engine was "dusted" due to an air filter that didn't meet factory specs. If the air filter is indeed not up to par, then it is a valid statement on the dealer's behalf. The owner would be responsible for the engine repair bill. But in this scenario if the loader valve was faulty, the dealer couldn't deny warranty claim because you have an aftermarket air filter.

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act (1975) protects consumers on warranty frauds and mis claims by a manufacturer. It puts the manufacturer with the burden of proof that the consumer is to blame for the fault of the product. It makes warranty claims by a manufacturer easier for the consumer to understand and enforceable by the FTC. Or at least that was the intent....
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements