• 5 Post By H-D dealer dude
  • 2 Post By T-Mo

Thread: Snow Blade Help

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    03-20-2018 @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks

Snow Blade Help

I purchased a John Deere 46in snow blade with serial number GX018BD039025 what is the model number? I have an John Deere LA 105. I am looking for something that I can mow with in the summer and then in the winter clean my 100 ft long by 20 foot drive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyBrett View Post
    I purchased a John Deere 46in snow blade with serial number GX018BD039025 what is the model number? I have an John Deere LA 105. I am looking for something that I can mow with in the summer and then in the winter clean my 100 ft long by 20 foot drive.
    The correct plow for your tractor should look like this. The big lever lifts and lowers the blade. While it's raised you squeeze the hand lever then push or pull to angle the blade. It will lock left, right or center.

JD also makes a bracket that bolts on the back of the frame. This allows you to hang two 42# suitcase weights on the back for ballast. The extra weight makes a big difference when pushing snow.
    I would also recommend chains for the rear wheels. With weights and chains it's like a little tank. lol

You are going to want to remove the mower deck before plowing. My L108 was up for sale when I took the pictures. That's why the plow and deck are on at the same time. Unfortunately for him I kept the 2 weights for my new tractor. lol
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1030.jpg   IMG_1031.jpg   IMG_1032.jpg   IMG_1078.jpg  
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:51 AM
    Thanks
    The model number is GX018BD of that blade, which is a 46 inch front blade for the Sabre lawn tractors that Deere built in the late 90s and early this century. I'm not sure if it will fit your LA105 or if it can be modified to fit it.
    PJR832 and CincyBrett like this.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    03-20-2018 @ 09:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by H-D dealer dude View Post
    The correct plow for your tractor should look like this. The big lever lifts and lowers the blade. While it's raised you squeeze the hand lever then push or pull to angle the blade. It will lock left, right or center.

JD also makes a bracket that bolts on the back of the frame. This allows you to hang two 42# suitcase weights on the back for ballast. The extra weight makes a big difference when pushing snow.
    I would also recommend chains for the rear wheels. With weights and chains it's like a little tank. lol

You are going to want to remove the mower deck before plowing. My L108 was up for sale when I took the pictures. That's why the plow and deck are on at the same time. Unfortunately for him I kept the 2 weights for my new tractor. lol
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	568073

Is the pieces I have

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 06:20 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CincyBrett View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0185.jpg 
Views:	1 
Size:	49.7 KB 
ID:	568073

Is the pieces I have
    That's the majority of it. Looks like you are missing the side brackets and pins. If you zoom in on my middle 2 pictures above. You can see the round key rings on the ends of the mounting pins.

The new pictures are the best I have of the mounting brackets that stay attached to the tractor's frame. Probably why you didn't get them in the purchase. This is one of my pet peeves! Delt with it many times in the bike business. The big tamale is removed and all the little parts (that you 100% need) are discarded or left on the old machine.

They are what is hanging down on either side of the muffler. The top part of the bracket has a J shape around the front axle.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0003.jpg   IMG_1034.jpg   IMG_1036.jpg  
    2014 X540 with HDAP tires, 54" deck, brush guard, arm rests and cargo bag.
    JD 48" plow with angle from seat kit & heavy duty skid shoes.
    4 suitcase weights and chains.
    JD tow behind spreader.
    JD 42" lawn sweeper.
    JD 10P cart.
    JD JS61 RWD walk behind mower.
    Stihl KM110 power head with pole saw, shaft extension, power scythe, curved shaft edger, 2 straight shaft cutters (string & blade).
    Stihl MS180-CBE 16" saw.
    Stihl SH86C hand held blower vac.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements