Green Tractor Talk banner

Snow Blade Help

5K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  H-D dealer dude 
#1 ·
I purchased a John Deere 46in snow blade with serial number GX018BD039025 what is the model number? I have an John Deere LA 105. I am looking for something that I can mow with in the summer and then in the winter clean my 100 ft long by 20 foot drive.

#2 ·
The correct plow for your tractor should look like this. The big lever lifts and lowers the blade. While it's raised you squeeze the hand lever then push or pull to angle the blade. It will lock left, right or center.

JD also makes a bracket that bolts on the back of the frame. This allows you to hang two 42# suitcase weights on the back for ballast. The extra weight makes a big difference when pushing snow.
I would also recommend chains for the rear wheels. With weights and chains it's like a little tank. lol

You are going to want to remove the mower deck before plowing. My L108 was up for sale when I took the pictures. That's why the plow and deck are on at the same time. Unfortunately for him I kept the 2 weights for my new tractor. lol

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.