• 1 Post By 636mullet
  • 1 Post By 56FordGuy

Thread: 455 rear attachment hookup options

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-28-2017 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks

455 rear attachment hookup options

Hey again, trying to find the best way to attach rear implements. It's currently a hastle to remove and re install my rear weight bracket. Is there a 3 ot hitch or something that will allow me to have a spreader, sprayer or something attached and easily remove and add my weights when I would like to? Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    Here is one of the best 3PH's for your machine: Ruegg MFG LLC

A Google search of "Ruegg" will turn up more info.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Already plan to purchase that. Any chance it can stay mounted while other rear attachments are added? The removal and install I currently do is getting annoying

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    Once you have the 3PH you could get a Heavy Hitch to mount your weights to: https://heavyhitch.com/store/categor...tcase-weights/

I think Ruegg has on also: Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors

Maybe I am not completely understanding your question though?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Once you have the 3PH you could get a Heavy Hitch to mount your weights to: https://heavyhitch.com/store/categor...tcase-weights/

I think Ruegg has on also: Ruegg MFG - Agricultural Hitch Kits for Various Tractors

Maybe I am not completely understanding your question though?

Currently I have a quick hitch I believe. It's 2 brackets with a spring loaded pin one on each side. That holds my bagger on. I don't care for the powerflo. But my weight bracket does not mount in this quick hitch setup. I would like a 3 pt that has a weight bracket built in and it would be great if I could mount a spreader/sprayer without have to remove the 3 pt . Basically I was wondering if a 3 pt existed that I could leave attached 24/7 and it not impede me from useing my rear attachments including a trailer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks
    My Omni Transformer has a 2" receiver and I can use it to pull whatever I want with the right 2" hitch or ball. Mine also has the weight bracket so I can hang my 100# Full Sized JD weights on it. It's designed to carry 8 of the Lawn and Garden 42# weights. The Transformer also has lots of attachments available from Omni. The also support GTT!

ColonyPark likes this.
    Early 2012 1026R with H120 and 60" auto connect MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:12 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,357 Posts

Options for the Hitch on 455

Quote Originally Posted by Tjc50 View Post
    Currently I have a quick hitch I believe. It's 2 brackets with a spring loaded pin one on each side. That holds my bagger on. I don't care for the powerflo. But my weight bracket does not mount in this quick hitch setup. I would like a 3 pt that has a weight bracket built in and it would be great if I could mount a spreader/sprayer without have to remove the 3 pt . Basically I was wondering if a 3 pt existed that I could leave attached 24/7 and it not impede me from useing my rear attachments including a trailer
    What you are describing is really two different things. The 2 brackets with the spring loaded pin on each side is the typical mount for the 455 for the MC519 cart, grass collector, etc. The 3 point hitch which was mentioned in one of the prior posts by Kenny D would work fine. Then the weight bracket could be used, also listed in another post in this section, with the 3 point hitch. The 3 point hitch is certainly a very easy to change attachment system.

Once you have the 3point hitch mounted, you would be able to attach any implement designed to be mounted to the 3 point hitch, including the spreader, sprayer, as long as they are designed for that purpose. When the 3point hitch is mounted, you can pull trailers and whatever you want with the hitch built in the bottom bracket on your tractor. You could also get a hitch setup which would be held by the 3 point hitch. The options are nearly limitless.

The spring loaded mounting you are describing with the two pins (which are actually bolts mounted on the inside edge of your rear hitch bracket on the 455) are designed only for the "cart" which is often the MC519 collector cart which your powerflow blows grass into. Many people also removed the upper cover part and use it simply as a frame mounted trailer and it works great for that because it follows the tractor and can never jack knife.

I have never seen any other implements which mount to these same bolts which hold the spring loaded brackets on your cart. I own one of these JD 455 tractors and use it all of the time, so I am very familiar with it.

I also have the weight bracket but I only mount it in the winter and remove it in the spring because I have no need for the suitcase weights on the tractor other than for plowing and blowing snow. Are you using the rear weight bar for some other reason in the summer season? Otherwise, I would wonder why it is being installed and removed enough to be a problem.

Hope this helps.
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 10-06-2014 at 07:41 PM. Reason: Added Information

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (10-06-2014)

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,654 Times in 1,086 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 636mullet View Post
    The Transformer also has lots of attachments available from Omni. The also support GTT!

It's certainly welcome for folks to talk about and share products regardless of their source, but just to be clear Omni is not a GTT vendor at this time.
    636mullet likes this.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 56FordGuy For This Useful Post:

636mullet (10-06-2014)

13. Top | #9
    Last Online
    05-14-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Thanks