I bought a Deere, then talked Dad into a Deere for plowing snow

Thread: I bought a Deere, then talked Dad into a Deere for plowing snow

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-22-2016 @ 01:41 PM
    Thanks

I bought a Deere, then talked Dad into a Deere for plowing snow

For a few years, I have been test driving mowers and was impressed with the AWS Deere mowers. I bought a x744 with 320 hours on it this summer and the wife loves it. She sure is quick getting her work clothes on quick when it is mowing day! So, my dad has a long driveway but the area in front of the garage warrants a very maneuverable plow so I suggested a x749 that was for sale. It had 300 hours on it and came with a plow and 6 rear weights. He can be difficult to please so I hope he is happy with the Deere. Do they make a light weight enclosure for snow blowing/plowing that isn't a full cab? At least my mom had fun mowing with it.

Thank you for any input.
    Green X744 and OLD JD 18" push mower among some blue, orange, and red.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 11:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,879 Times in 1,055 Posts
    There are a few out there Original Tractor cab being one of them. etcallhome, a member on here has one. There are a couple threads on here you can look up and see if any match what you are looking for.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1½" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:57 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,410 Times in 1,351 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhouse View Post
    For a few years, I have been test driving mowers and was impressed with the AWS Deere mowers. I bought a x744 with 320 hours on it this summer and the wife loves it. She sure is quick getting her work clothes on quick when it is mowing day! So, my dad has a long driveway but the area in front of the garage warrants a very maneuverable plow so I suggested a x749 that was for sale. It had 300 hours on it and came with a plow and 6 rear weights. He can be difficult to please so I hope he is happy with the Deere. Do they make a light weight enclosure for snow blowing/plowing that isn't a full cab? At least my mom had fun mowing with it.

Thank you for any input.
    Check out Femco. Femco - Weather Protection

I think they are out of Kansas and they make what I call "Weather enclosures". I know this is one of the companies Deere dealers order from. For the newer tractors like yours and your fathers, you may need to get a price from the dealer. Some of the FEMCO items can be ordered directly from them while other items have to be purchased through the dealer network.

This is just one of several OEM's making enclosures out there.

Also, there are two or three different ones frequently being sold on Ebay, for what it is worth.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,401 Times in 1,543 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by birdhouse View Post

Thank you for any input.
    Just reading this post, yes I've had Original Cabs for the past guessing 10 + yrs. from a jd425 to the series 1 . By far not the high price model , but good enough to keep the air off you while outside playing , plowing snow. I've always bought the windshield and have always had a electric wiper . If you're not blowing snow 95% of the time you could do without the wiper.. For a little heat I bought a golf cart type heater and made a bracket that attached it to the front corner of the cab near the windshield .
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements