Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Wiring diagram for x495 instrument cluster plug

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks

Wiring diagram for x495 instrument cluster plug

Hi I was wondering if anyone would have a wiring diagram (schematic) of the instrument cluster plug on a x495. If anyone could help it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:09 AM
    Thanks
    I have the tech manual.What's the problem,some were known for the panel going bad.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:18 AM
    Thanks
    Suspecting it is the same panel that is in my X585, I had a panel issue as well but fixed it.

It is known that the soldier joints fail. Also the ground should be bonded.

The symptoms I had were when running the PTO my temp gauge and fuel gauges would peg out. I want to say I found a new one on eBay for $200-250 but thought I would de-soldier and re-soldier all the pins for the connector on the dash. If it didn't work I would be buying a new dash anyhow. That dash has been running strong since doing this and adding a new ground wire and splicing into the ground wire going to the dash.

Here are what the connector pins looked like on the dash.

If you look at this album there are a couple photos of the soldier joints that failed.

https://imgur.com/a/UUl0E

I did look and my service manual only covers the gas versions. I just can't say for certain that they are the same.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    I am guessing diesel might have a glow plug light or "wait to start' light as only difference.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    I am guessing diesel might have a glow plug light or "wait to start' light as only difference.
    They repurposed the EFI light for a Glow Plug light (Engine Preheat Light) when comparing a X585 to a X495 instrument cluster.

I don't know what that means for wiring though. We need to know more info on what the OP is trying to do.

I would imagine it suffers from the same issues as the gas version though.
    Zebrafive likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:42 PM
    Thanks
    eversr007,

This excerpt should have what you want...look near end of document -- two versions depending on tractor SN.

X495 electrical op and diag from TM2024.pdf

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuckv; 03-25-2018 at 11:21 AM.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Chuckv For This Useful Post:

eversr007 (03-26-2018), GreenMachineX495 (11-25-2018), Zebrafive (03-25-2018)

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    02-10-2019 @ 01:06 PM
    Thanks
    Oh awesome guys. Thanks for the wiring diagram that is what I needed. I didn't see that anyone responded till now. I thought I would get an email but maybe I did something were it didn't notify me. Yeah I pulled the cluster apart and found the pins that were all corroded and cracked. I was looking at this one for a guy and was wanting to test everything and power it up to check everything. The one needle was loose on the motor and I pulled both of the needle off. I guess no one knows the best way to put the needles back in the right spot? Im guessing put power to them to zero them out and put the needles on at the lowest point on panel?????

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eversr007 View Post
    Oh awesome guys. Thanks for the wiring diagram that is what I needed. I didn't see that anyone responded till now. I thought I would get an email but maybe I did something were it didn't notify me. Yeah I pulled the cluster apart and found the pins that were all corroded and cracked. I was looking at this one for a guy and was wanting to test everything and power it up to check everything. The one needle was loose on the motor and I pulled both of the needle off. I guess no one knows the best way to put the needles back in the right spot? Im guessing put power to them to zero them out and put the needles on at the lowest point on panel?????
    I have a X585 but gauge operation should be the same. I just went out and tested this. Ignition on but not started on a cold engine should move the temp gauge to the bottom of the green bar. About at 12 o'clock. Fuel gauge will be the hard one. I would just fill up the fuel tank and set it to the F mark with the ignition on. Of course if you are bench testing that might be hard. When I pulled my cluster apart to resoldier everything, I put painter's tape under the needles marking the position with a sharpie mark on the tape before pulling them from the stepper motor. I have fixed many a GM Truck Cluster to know this trick.

As I mentioned I would run a new ground wire to the ground on the wiring harness side of the cluster connector. Off the top of my head I want to say pin 20. Don't quote me on that and look at that diagram but I have a 20 in my mind but it has been a few years.

JD X585, 54C deck,

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:48 PM
    Thanks
    I have also used tape under the needle on GM clusters. I rotate the needle until it stops, mark the tape and then turn the needle past the stop point and rotate it off.

When putting the needle back on, I put it before my tape mark and rotate to the stop point then continue the my tape mark.

My first cluster, I just pulled up on the needle and the shaft came out of the stepper motor ruining it Good thing I bought extras

It was our 2000 - 2004 Impalas I worked on. We had four, for our girl's college cars. Two got totaled, two we sold with high mileage.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    I have also used tape under the needle on GM clusters. I rotate the needle until it stops, mark the tape and then turn the needle past the stop point and rotate it off.

When putting the needle back on, I put it before my tape mark and rotate to the stop point then continue the my tape mark.

My first cluster, I just pulled up on the needle and the shaft came out of the stepper motor ruining it Good thing I bought extras

It was our 2000 - 2004 Impalas I worked on. We had four, for our girl's college cars. Two got totaled, two we sold with high mileage.
    Another good way to get needles off. I know I did this on my stepper motor replacement projects on GM clusters, was to use the tape method mentioned and to pull the needle, slip a fork under where the needle attaches to the shaft of the stepper motor. By prying up with the fork and working around the connection point the needles will pop right off. Like I said I am pretty sure I had to remove the needles from my X585 cluster and would have used the same technique.

The GM cluster I was working on was a 2003 Avalanche. I first time was stepper motor for speedometer I think. Went back in another time when oil pressure started flaking out as well. That time I replaced all of them. The final time I went in was to reflow the solder on the SM Resistors because of the common issue with the gear position indicator getting so faint you couldn't read it anymore. Don't have the truck anymore.
    Zebrafive likes this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast