• 3 Post By Kleiss1!
  • 1 Post By Catfishin

Thread: My New E130

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks

My New E130

Just took delivery of my new E130 from Loweís. I know some donít like this series of mowers. Couple of questions for the all knowing members here. First when I went to fill gas tank it seems to be just sitting in there with no tie down at all. Next there is no easy way to tell when it full of fuel until itís too late. Iíll pour slower next time. Finally, I got the mulching cover and I thought I read on here that the stock blades on this mower are the correct blades. Thanks for any information. Gary
    Gizmo2, Bubber and Herminator like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,213 Posts
    The E130 uses the same fuel tank arrangement as previous models in that the tank sits in a cradle and rocks forward and backward depending on how much fuel is in it. When it rocks forward it presses on the mechanical fuel gauge linkage. The cradle and gauge linkage are highlighted below.

Filling is a bit tricky as the fuel gauge is in front of the seat but you have to pour the fuel in from the rear of the tractor.

The parts list shows the mower blade as a "3 in 1". I assume that means it works for side discharge, mulching and bagging. I would check in your owner's manual for more information. I tried to look at the on-line manual but JD has not yet made it accessible.

Click image for larger version.†

Name:	e130_tank.jpg†
Views:	8†
Size:	79.9 KB†
ID:	582969
    Last edited by jgayman; 04-02-2018 at 01:01 PM.
    Tomfive and Herminator like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleiss1! View Post
    Just took delivery of my new E130 from Loweís. I know some donít like this series of mowers. Couple of questions for the all knowing members here. First when I went to fill gas tank it seems to be just sitting in there with no tie down at all. Next there is no easy way to tell when it full of fuel until itís too late. Iíll pour slower next time. Finally, I got the mulching cover and I thought I read on here that the stock blades on this mower are the correct blades. Thanks for any information. Gary
    Yes it just floats with nothing securing it and tank capacity it 2.4g. I'm assuming the gas tank it see-through allowing you to see the level from the outside, no?I'm not sure about the correct blades v. mulching blades.
    Herminator likes this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:30 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,944 Times in 2,907 Posts
    Congratulations on your purchase Kleiss1.
    FWIW, If you like the tractor that's all that matters.
    Tomfive, BigJim55, darkrt and 1 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    This my third 100 series on was bigger one was smaller but they all were trouble free. I didnít want the single cylinder engine. Definitely getting rid of the 30 second oil change gimmick. Looks like an easy fix. Just waiting for the grass to green up now.
    Gizmo2, Herminator and Catfishin like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-13-2019 @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks

Blades

I'm assuming it's like the D130, it comes with mulching blades or multi purpose I think they call them. I use a bagger and mulch also. I use the "high lift" blades for bagging and "gator blades" for mulching. The "high lift" blades do the best cutting in my opinion. They really stand the grass up for a nice even cut. The "gator blades" do the best at mulching, but doesn't have enough wind speed to push the clippings up and into the catcher. I mow a acre and a half with mine. I have 240 hours on it and will upgrade to a X or Z series when I wear this one out.

Congratulations on the new mower!
    Herminator likes this.
    JD 3032E, D160 FEL, Beet Juice, i Match, JD Ballast Box, W R Long 4 in 1 bucket, Edge Tamers, RB2072, Ken's Bolt on Hooks, Action TrackChair ST-22, Stihl 291

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 05:09 PM
    Thanks

Mulching Blades?

I have an E130 on order.

I was thinking of making a mulching plug. (They want $70 for a damn plug here). How well do the stock blades mulch?

I have been looking at Gator and Mambo mulching blades but can't quite figure out what to order. Anyone have any links? (I need to ship to Canada).

This is our first Lawn Tractor. Was surprised to find out it did not come with a mulching plug!

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Iím reading that the stock blades are ď3-WayĒ blades that do it all okay but none of the three great. Iím waiting to try mine out. My older LA110 had a mulching only deck that came from JD that worked great but I donít see that offered anymore. It didnít have any discharge shoot at all mulch only.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Purging the trans axel

On another note. I was looking at a Husqvarna before buying this one and they had something in the manual about Purging the trans axel before using. Is that necessary on the JD? Said to put in transport mode and push forward and reverse peddles before driving. Just checking.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kleiss1! View Post
    On another note. I was looking at a Husqvarna before buying this one and they had something in the manual about Purging the trans axel before using. Is that necessary on the JD? Said to put in transport mode and push forward and reverse peddles before driving. Just checking.
    I would recommend checking the E130 manual as well.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements