Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: x300 will not start

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-26-2014 @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks

x300 will not start

Sorry to piggy back on another thread.... But NEED HELP. Went to start my x300 today and nothing happened. No click no sounds. Tried to jump battery and nothing. replaced two of the three fuses and nothing. There is alos nothing in the hours display on the dash. Can anyone help???

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:56 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,549 Times in 1,172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pforde View Post
    Sorry to piggy back on another thread.... But NEED HELP. Went to start my x300 today and nothing happened. No click no sounds. Tried to jump battery and nothing. replaced two of the three fuses and nothing. There is alos nothing in the hours display on the dash. Can anyone help???
    Do you have a multimeter to check the actual battery voltage? Do you have a battery charger with the capability to run a starter? I suspect it is the battery.

My neighbor had a similar issue with their Cub Cadet. They called me down to take a look at it. It was dead, no clicking no hour display. They had their car nearby so we tried to jump start it. Still nothing. So I went home and got my big 200 amp battery charger and hooked it up. The tractor fired right up off the charger. They let the tractor run to charge up the battery. Apparently it was stone dead. I'm still not sure why jumping it didn't work.

Batteries can sometimes go bad with no warning. My old JD 175 had a battery that was 9 years old. It started every day fine and then one day - nothing. No warning at all. A new battery and I was back in business.
    Last edited by jgayman; 10-26-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    farmgirl19 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Have you checked the battery? What's the voltage? It should be about 12.5 at rest. Anything less than 12.0 is really discharged or dead. Remove and clean both connections. How old is the battery? Anything over 4 years is lucky.

BTW, I made this its own thread for more views and responses.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    10-26-2014 @ 01:32 PM
    Thanks
    Diesel thanks for separating this thread and for the response. I did clean the battery terminals, did not help. I do not have the ability to check the charge on the battery. The battery is three years old so it could be dead. I was thinking that even a bad battery would have enough juice to show something in the display... but maybe I am wrong there. Guess I should bite the bullet and buy a ne battery.

7. Top | #5
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,252 Times in 2,560 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pforde View Post
    Diesel thanks for separating this thread and for the response. I did clean the battery terminals, did not help. I do not have the ability to check the charge on the battery. The battery is three years old so it could be dead. I was thinking that even a bad battery would have enough juice to show something in the display... but maybe I am wrong there. Guess I should bite the bullet and buy a ne battery.
    You're welcome.

It's not uncommon for a battery to just "up and die" all of a sudden. The battery is a consumable and with three years, I think you got your money's worth. Change the battery with a new one and let us know how it goes.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,405 Times in 1,547 Posts
    I agree you got your moneys worth , take battery to a place that can test. I've had car batteries to go in 15-18mos..and one tractor battery in just over 2 yrs.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements