John Deere x700 vs 1025r: What's The Difference?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: John Deere x700 vs 1025r: What's The Difference?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks

John Deere x700 vs 1025r: What's The Difference?

For those of you on the fence between a X700 Series garden tractor or a 1 Series (1025r), here's a brief video showing the similarities and differences. This isn't all inclusive, but gives you an initial idea. Hope it helps someone in the market. Thanks for watching! Oh, and please head on over to YouTube and LIKE the video and SUBSCRIBE to my channel. Have a good one!

Head straight to YouTube to watch.

Herminator and goat704! like this.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GWT3046r For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (04-06-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:41 PM
    Thanks
    Great video, ya talked me into subscribing.
    GWT3046r likes this.
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 08:09 PM
    Thanks
    Nice video but to late. I bought my x758 last year. One thing I would have liked to see covered is the turning radius. John Deere rates them 2 different ways so there isn't a direct comparison. I bought the x758 because I thought it could turn a much tighter circle than the 1 series.
    Ron
    John Deere X758 with a 60" HC MMM deck and a 47" Front mount Blower.
    John Deere 17p cart

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    I have a 2016 x738 with a 48 snow plow and 60 " HC deck with auto connect. I was thinking of adding a 3 point hitch and a little buck loader. I was wondering if I'm better off trading it in for a 1025r with a bucket and 3 point hitch ? Otherwise I could be spending around $3000 for those items for the x738 with less capitbility compared to the 1025r. Would the snow plow and mower deck from my x738 work for the 1025r? I would be using it to mow also. So if turning radius is worst with the 1025r that would be a negative for mowing.

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,120 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra7350 View Post
    I have a 2016 x738 with a 48 snow plow and 60 " HC deck with auto connect. I was thinking of adding a 3 point hitch and a little buck loader. I was wondering if I'm better off trading it in for a 1025r with a bucket and 3 point hitch ? Otherwise I could be spending around $3000 for those items for the x738 with less capitbility compared to the 1025r. Would the snow plow and mower deck from my x738 work for the 1025r? I would be using it to mow also. So if turning radius is worst with the 1025r that would be a negative for mowing.
    I can't answer all of your questions. But I can tell you that you can use your snow plow, but you'd have to buy a new quick hitch for the front of the 1 series, and Deere is pretty proud of them. Also, I don't think the mower deck would fit, without some modifications. Another think to keep in mind if you did modify the deck, is that an X738 without a mower deck is going to be worth a lot less on trade than one with a deck. The X7's are great machines. If you like the X738, and adding a 3 point and loader will let you accomplish what you need to get done, then I'd say they would be worthwhile investments. That's just my 2 cents, because that's all it's worth.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Jamie

2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

9. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:49 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,048 Times in 2,213 Posts
    I really enjoy your comparison videos as I've said before. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate these and use them as a guide.

One thing came to mind when watching this one - please take this as a constructive comment -

When reading the thread linked below this very subject came up. A few people, when comparing the X7xx and 1-series spoke of the 1-series as being "huge" or "behemoth" and the like. Your video will really help with this. But - I think if you had shown the 1-series without the loader on it would have made a better comparison. When people (suburban lot owners) see that loader they will automatically have the same comments about size. But when in reality there is little difference in the size.

I in fact went into my dealer years ago looking to replace my 332. I was looking at the X7xx because I wanted another diesel. The salesman steering me right toward the 2210 sitting next to it for all the reasons stated in your video and in the thread. the 2210 (predecessor to the 1-series) was in the showroom without a loader and with turf tires and made for a very easy comparison. In fact I bought the 2210 without a loader (an option that some people may not know exists). My salesman asked me 6 different times if I was sure I didn't want a loader. Long story short I had them install a loader 3 months later.

Also the ROPS on the 1-series can give the impression of larger size - but at least it folds. The 2210 was a fixed ROPS.

Delivery day -

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1246.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	585529

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	585537

I know you explain it very well but a picture says 1000 words - first glances get set in one's mind.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...xx-diesel.html
    ColonyPark, Zebrafive and mark02tj like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

10. The Following User Says Thank You to coaltrain For This Useful Post:

Zebrafive (04-06-2018)

11. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RonPol View Post
    Nice video but to late. I bought my x758 last year. One thing I would have liked to see covered is the turning radius. John Deere rates them 2 different ways so there isn't a direct comparison. I bought the x758 because I thought it could turn a much tighter circle than the 1 series.
    Ron
    I can't help you with a real world example of a X7 series as I have only used my x739 which is All Wheel Steer so it's cheating.

However, the attached pictures show the mulch rings i placed around my apple trees to match the turning radius of a John Deere 1025r with 60" AutoConnect mower deck. Originally the diameter was about 12" narrower which the tractor will do, but I found that my NASCAR driving style of going as fast as I could on the tightest turn was tearing up the grass. So, I added more mulch to give a gentler turn.

The tape shows a 60" diameter, but I was originally at about 48", maybe even a little less than that. I think an X700 with 60" deck would be a little tighter, but not enough to be a deal breaker -- at least for me.

I absolutely hate weed whacking as it really hurts my back so I've setup my yard to keep whipping to a minimum. I still have a few spots to improve this year, most notably our children's swing set.

Hope that helps!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180405_110739219.jpg   IMG_20180405_110728884.jpg   IMG_20180405_110751218_HDR.jpg  

12. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ultra7350 View Post
    Howdy,

I think you'd be doing yourself a disservice to not upgrade to a 1 Series. Yes, it will be more expensive, probably several thousand. However, if you plan to have this for many years, that cost is rather insignificant over the course of time.

I didn't know they made a 48" plow for the X7 Series. Is it similar to the 54"? If so, the blade itself will work, but you will need a new quick hitch.

The mower deck will not be compatible.

I posted separately, but the turning radius will not be much worse. If you need that tight of turns, then a dedicated zero turn or all wheel steer unit is in order. I've mowed with both machines/decks many times and the cut quality is very similar in my experience.

The capability afforded by the increased weight, hydraulic system, genuine JD loader, etc will be significant especially when comparing against a LB loader.

The John Deere loaders are very easy to mount and remove so it makes removal for mowing a breeze. Plus, you can add a snow pusher, pallet forks, bale spear, etc in place of the bucket.

However, everyone has budget limitations so gotta make the best of the funds available as well.

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    I really enjoy your comparison videos as I've said before. I'm sure a lot of people appreciate these and use them as a guide.

One thing came to mind when watching this one - please take this as a constructive comment -

When reading the thread linked below this very subject came up. A few people, when comparing the X7xx and 1-series spoke of the 1-series as being "huge" or "behemoth" and the like. Your video will really help with this. But - I think if you had shown the 1-series without the loader on it would have made a better comparison. When people (suburban lot owners) see that loader they will automatically have the same comments about size. But when in reality there is little difference in the size.

I in fact went into my dealer years ago looking to replace my 332. I was looking at the X7xx because I wanted another diesel. The salesman steering me right toward the 2210 sitting next to it for all the reasons stated in your video and in the thread. the 2210 (predecessor to the 1-series) was in the showroom without a loader and with turf tires and made for a very easy comparison. In fact I bought the 2210 without a loader (an option that some people may not know exists). My salesman asked me 6 different times if I was sure I didn't want a loader. Long story short I had them install a loader 3 months later.

Also the ROPS on the 1-series can give the impression of larger size - but at least it folds. The 2210 was a fixed ROPS.

Delivery day -

Name:	IMG_1246.jpg 
Size:	110.8 KB 
ID:	585529

Name:	IMG_1245.jpg 
Size:	133.6 KB 
ID:	585537

I know you explain it very well but a picture says 1000 words - first glances get set in one's mind.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/foru...xx-diesel.html
    Hey Stan,

Yes, I totally agree. Perhaps when it actually becomes Spring around here I'll be more patient with videos. I swear it is always a 15 mph wind and 20 degrees when I go to take a video.

I can always make a follow up once it warms up -- maybe in June

I appreciate the feedback!
    coaltrain and joshn3448 like this.

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    I can always make a follow up once it warms up -- maybe in June
    If your spring is going anything like ours, you might want to shoot for August. Where is that global warming I keep hearing about. Must be happening everywhere else on the globe. 9F this morning on the way into work.
    GWT3046r likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast