Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By HydroHarold

Thread: 455 work light

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-28-2017 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks

455 work light

Hey again. Anyone know of a small light or lights that I could put on the upright posts of my 40 loader. This year I have to use my loader for snow removal and I noticed my loader loves to block the headlights. I would think 2 work lights on the upright support beams would work just great and info or direction is much appreciated. Thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,950 Times in 2,468 Posts
    I'd think any of the newer style LED worklights be be perfect, lotsa light and little current draw. Here is a Google Search of GTT using the term "worklight".
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    11-28-2017 @ 06:23 PM
    Thanks
    Seems alot are adding pretty fabled work light kits. Haven't had a chance to read through all but I will continue the search function on here. Quick question does the alternator Hage the output that I could simply add 2 lights to the posts by just piggybacking off of the existing wiring . I see a real simple way to do this I would just make quick connects that would only be hooked up when the loader is. Just not sure on what these Alts/batt can handle

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tjc50 View Post
    Seems alot are adding pretty fabled work light kits. Haven't had a chance to read through all but I will continue the search function on here. Quick question does the alternator Hage the output that I could simply add 2 lights to the posts by just piggybacking off of the existing wiring . I see a real simple way to do this I would just make quick connects that would only be hooked up when the loader is. Just not sure on what these Alts/batt can handle
    "When in doubt (amp load), get the wire, fuse holder, switch and connectors out!" Rather than piggyback a circuit it's far safer and easier to run a new fused hot lead off the battery + side with it's own switch. If your other lights **** out for some reason you'll still have lighting... AND you can kill those lights that reflect off the bucket while you work.
    Duke Snyder and BigJim55 like this.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 10:56 AM
    Thanks
    You can find some awesome work lights that are LED and the accessories needed to install at:

superbrightleds.com

I usually try to stay with whatever the manufacture offers. If I can't find what I'm looking for then I look to sites like Super Bright LEDS. I have purchased lights from there for both my work van and my JD X728.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to UnionSchnauzer For This Useful Post:

BigJim55 (01-05-2015)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements