X739 mower lift arms won't lower
Results 1 to 9 of 9
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GWT3046r

Thread: X739 mower lift arms won't lower

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts

    X739 mower lift arms won't lower

    I was preparing my tractor mowing season. I removed the snow blade, sharpened the blades, lubs everything, and went to mount mower under tractor. The mower lift will not lower. The 3pt hitch goes up and down but mower arms barely move. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer? The cam arm rotates back and forth as I raise/lower the lever. I opened and closed the diverter valve a few times. Nothing.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gittyup View Post
    I was preparing my tractor mowing season. I removed the snow blade, sharpened the blades, lubs everything, and went to mount mower under tractor. The mower lift will not lower. The 3pt hitch goes up and down but mower arms barely move. Any ideas before I take it to the dealer? The cam arm rotates back and forth as I raise/lower the lever. I opened and closed the diverter valve a few times. Nothing.
    Did you make sure the mower deck height adjustment knob is lowered all the way to bottom-most position?

    I've also been guilty of using the lever that raises and lowers the plow blade and thinking it should lower the deck arms. It is the other lever that handles up/down on the mower.

    Otherwise, I'd still double check the diverter valve is turned the correct way.

    These are all things that I've experienced first hand, haha!
    TJR345 likes this.

  4. Top | #3
    Fozsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 165 Times in 128 Posts
    I'd definitely check the lockout valve and the deck height knob. I have a quarter turn lockout valve and had this issue the first time I switched to the mower deck after plowing snow. The quarter turn valve wasn't letting fluid through and I discovered I had put the handle in a position that was closed at both settings. I took It off and played with it and figured it out and now all is well.


    ~Brian~

    1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)


    Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help


  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    TJR345's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:32 AM
    Location
    Area 51 in Cambria,NY
    Posts
    3,756
    Thanks
    415
    Thanked 479 Times in 370 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    Did you make sure the mower deck height adjustment knob is lowered all the way to bottom-most position?

    I've also been guilty of using the lever that raises and lowers the plow blade and thinking it should lower the deck arms. It is the other lever that handles up/down on the mower.

    Otherwise, I'd still double check the diverter valve is turned the correct way.

    These are all things that I've experienced first hand, haha!
    Check the bypass valve is open as stated above,also the arms at times hang up.I have to grab the arms and pull them down sometimes on my x595.
    Tom

    2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Location
    Pacific NW
    Posts
    343
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 59 Times in 49 Posts
    Does yours have the latch on the side of the frame that locks the arms in the up position? If I remember right that latch came with the front PTO option and may be included with some others.
    Last edited by eric102; 04-15-2018 at 07:03 PM.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    Apr 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:14 AM
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    1,235
    Thanks
    20
    Thanked 84 Times in 80 Posts
    All good suggestions. Could be the latch still latched, the diverter valve in wrong position or the arms just sticky. Without any weight on them they might not want to come down after being in one position for a while. If that's the case then lower the 3pt arms all the way, shut off the tractor and get under there to try to pull them down manually.

    Rob
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

    2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    331
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 18 Times in 16 Posts
    Well I finally had time to get out there and fool with it after a long work week. The lift height was set to the lowest setting. So that wasn't it. Though I have made that mistake before on my bigger tractor. This time I just keep opening and closing the bypass and exercising the hyrdraulics. After several times, it finally starting working! I hope it's not a sign of a future problem. Thank for the suggestions.

  10. Top | #8
    Fozsey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    1,067
    Thanks
    212
    Thanked 165 Times in 128 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gittyup View Post
    Well I finally had time to get out there and fool with it after a long work week. The lift height was set to the lowest setting. So that wasn't it. Though I have made that mistake before on my bigger tractor. This time I just keep opening and closing the bypass and exercising the hyrdraulics. After several times, it finally starting working! I hope it's not a sign of a future problem. Thank for the suggestions.
    Thanks for the update. Which type lockout do you have?


    ~Brian~

    1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)


    Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help


  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 11:36 AM
    Location
    Everywhere
    Posts
    342
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked 38 Times in 29 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by goodworkstractors View Post
    Did you make sure the mower deck height adjustment knob is lowered all the way to bottom-most position?
    Haha this right here. About 2 weeks ago it took me roughly 30 minutes and 2 beers to put my auto connect deck on my X758..... getting more and more pissed off, as I was getting ready to hook up the trailer to the pick up, it hit me.

    Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

  12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •