buying a new machine - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 21 to 25 of 25
Like Tree72Likes

Thread: buying a new machine

  1. Top | #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:37 PM
    Location
    Burton, Ohio
    Posts
    2,698
    Thanks
    521
    Thanked 428 Times in 337 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys84 View Post
    That machine had a k70....not a 46 or 58...

    Different animal. The 3 series then was more comparable to the 5 series today imo. It would of been a garden tractor. It was capable of ground engaging implements.

    The 345 was a 700lb tractor. X300 series barely tips the scales at 500lbs.

    The x300 series now is not.

    X300 series is a light duty lawn tractor. You get the same transaxle as the box store Deere. The 380 up to top end has the servicable transaxle. Its specs are marginally better.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk


    Thank you for explaining todays lineup compared to 20 years ago. I did not know the series numbers didn't roughly correspond to the same type of machine.
    My bad!
    1025R FILB, vintage: 2015
    54D MM mowing deck
    Imatch hitch
    2 inch receiver for three point
    "18" cart
    Piranha Tooth Bar
    Ken's hooks and differential lock pedal
    Artillian 36" forks
    Stihl equipment: Saws; MS261C, MS462C, MS661RCM and Blower; BR600 and Trimmer; FS70R and Hedge Cutter; HL 56K and Pressure Washer; RB400
    Husky log splitter

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jeff B For This Useful Post:

    44JohnDeereBR (01-09-2019)

  3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  4. Top | #22
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by toomanytoys84 View Post
    That machine had a k70....not a 46 or 58...

    Different animal. The 3 series then was more comparable to the 5 series today imo. It would of been a garden tractor. It was capable of ground engaging implements.

    The 345 was a 700lb tractor. X300 series barely tips the scales at 500lbs.

    The x300 series now is not.

    X300 series is a light duty lawn tractor. You get the same transaxle as the box store Deere. The 380 up to top end has the servicable transaxle. Its specs are marginally better.

    Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    E100 Plastic Out Case continuously variable transmission
    E110 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E120 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E130 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E140 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E150 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E160 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E170 Sealed K46AC
    E180 Sealed K46AC
    S240 Sealed K46

    X330 Sealed K46
    X350R Sealed K46
    X350 Sealed K46
    X354 Sealed K46
    X370 serviceable K57
    X380 Sealed K58
    X384 Sealed K58
    X390 serviceable K58
    X394 serviceable K58



    Only the X370, 390 & X394 Have serviceable Transmissions! Only the top two Models In the Box store Line share share the common trans-axle as the dealer Only Line The first 2 & 1/2 Years of the 100 series Line had a K46 Mid way thru 3rd year of Production Deere changed to the T40 series which was really designed for a Rear engine rider Use TLT200A & TLT200B is Basically a re-labeled T40 series Only the Top Two Models in the 100 series Lawn tractor (L,100, LA, D & E) Kept the K46. The 190C Had a K62 Transmission. The G100 & G110 had a K66 transmission. So You don't Just get the same transmission in the X300 series line as You Get In the E100 series Line. Also keep in mind there are 56 different variants of the K46 & some K46's use Powder Pressed Gears & some use steel Cut Gears depending on the variant. The X304 initially had a sealed K58 in 2008 it was dropped down to a K46. Because the K46 Performed very well for Deere. These type of forums only represent a small Portion of the ownership. Some Had Problem On these type of Forums with there K46. The K46 is the Most widely used Transmission In the Lawn Tractor Industry worldwide. As Long as you treat the K46 Tractor as a Lawn tractor and Not Plow the Back 40 acres with them they will do Just fine on Flat to Light Moderate slope
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant For This Useful Post:

    44JohnDeereBR (01-09-2019)

  6. Top | #23
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B View Post
    Thank you for explaining todays lineup compared to 20 years ago. I did not know the series numbers didn't roughly correspond to the same type of machine.
    My bad!
    Here a List of Myself & another Member at MTF Put together about 6 years ago. It doesn't cover today's X300, X500 series or the X700 signature series But You can see the Transmission differences
    Attached Files Attached Files
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Sergeant For This Useful Post:

    44JohnDeereBR (01-09-2019)

  8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  9. Top | #24

    Join Date
    May 2016
    Last Online
    08-15-2019 @ 08:55 PM
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    39
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    E100 Plastic Out Case continuously variable transmission
    E110 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E120 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E130 sealed TLT200A same as T40
    E140 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E150 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E160 sealed TLT200B Same as T40J
    E170 Sealed K46AC
    E180 Sealed K46AC
    S240 Sealed K46

    X330 Sealed K46
    X350R Sealed K46
    X350 Sealed K46
    X354 Sealed K46
    X370 serviceable K57
    X380 Sealed K58
    X384 Sealed K58
    X390 serviceable K58
    X394 serviceable K58


    Thank you for this. It's one of the reasons why I purchased the E170 instead of the E150. At least, I hope it's a good reason! We will see.

    Any idea what the AC designation means? I'm sure it's a cheaper version of the K46...
    Last edited by mwfromva; 05-07-2019 at 08:02 AM.

  10. Top | #25
    Sergeant's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 12:39 PM
    Location
    Kane County,IL
    Posts
    1,132
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 210 Times in 169 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mwfromva View Post
    Thank you for this. It's one of the reasons why I purchased the E170 instead of the E150. At least, I hope it's a good reason! We will see.

    Any idea what the AC designation means? I'm sure it's a cheaper version of the K46...
    I Can't remember what the AC stands for
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

    MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

  11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •