Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Insight on x590

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-19-2019 @ 05:33 PM
    Thanks

Insight on x590

Hello all! New member here. Although I haven't made any purchases yet, and possibly not til next spring, i'm looking for insight into the x590. I think I've read everything there is online about them, and watched every video. Wife and I are putting our house on the market this summer and plan on buying a few acres (2-5 hopefully) in indiana. We don't have property but we know what we're looking for as to terrain. Mostly flat. I want the x590 because it seems it would fit our needs and we wouldn't be overbuying. Main use will be mowing. Which deck gives a better cut?
    We would also use with a cart for transporting items we are working with. The second thing I'm wondering about is attachments such as a tiller. I must say it gets confusing reading about the hitches, and adapters and so on. Do different attachments require different hitches, or can you use,say for instance, power integrel hitch for tiller, rear blade? Then take off the hitch to pull a cart, or is that not necessary? Im hoping that if we move late summer or in the fall that i can wait until spring to make the purchase so im not making a payment all winter while the machine sits unused using up warranty time. Any insight is very much welcome and appreciated and your experience with this model would help me. I know the folks here have the info i need. Thank you.
    SulleyBear likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Happyjanitor View Post
    Hello all! New member here. Although I haven't made any purchases yet, and possibly not til next spring, i'm looking for insight into the x590. I think I've read everything there is online about them, and watched every video. Wife and I are putting our house on the market this summer and plan on buying a few acres (2-5 hopefully) in indiana. We don't have property but we know what we're looking for as to terrain. Mostly flat. I want the x590 because it seems it would fit our needs and we wouldn't be overbuying. Main use will be mowing. Which deck gives a better cut?
    We would also use with a cart for transporting items we are working with. The second thing I'm wondering about is attachments such as a tiller. I must say it gets confusing reading about the hitches, and adapters and so on. Do different attachments require different hitches, or can you use,say for instance, power integrel hitch for tiller, rear blade? Then take off the hitch to pull a cart, or is that not necessary? Im hoping that if we move late summer or in the fall that i can wait until spring to make the purchase so im not making a payment all winter while the machine sits unused using up warranty time. Any insight is very much welcome and appreciated and your experience with this model would help me. I know the folks here have the info i need. Thank you.
    Iím in East Central Indiana, if you are moving close enough, youíre more than welcome to come look at mine.

I recently traded in my 1025R for a Z950R, so the zero has taken over mower duties. I put close to 400 hours on my X590 already.

The tiller utilizes itís own mount, all of my other attachments can work off of my power integral hitch. I have plenty of X590 videos...snow blower, sweet corn planting, tilling, Original Tractor Cab, and cultivator. If youíre looking for something else let me know.

https://youtu.be/Wy_eVB2sEes
    Happyjanitor likes this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPTrooper View Post
    Iím in East Central Indiana, if you are moving close enough, youíre more than welcome to come look at mine.

I recently traded in my 1025R for a Z950R, so the zero has taken over mower duties. I put close to 400 hours on my X590 already.

The tiller utilizes itís own mount, all of my other attachments can work off of my power integral hitch. I have plenty of X590 videos...snow blower, sweet corn planting, tilling, Original Tractor Cab, and cultivator. If youíre looking for something else let me know.

https://youtu.be/Wy_eVB2sEes
    Cool. I believe I've seen alot of your videos. Are they under blendedfarm? We hope to move around milan or moores hill, somewhere out that way. Your garden was great in the video, thats what i want the tiller for. I plan on the 30 inch mechanical. Wife says im putting the cart before the horse with my tractor research. Hey what can i say, i enjoy it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 09:41 AM
    Thanks
    Cool. I believe I've seen alot of your videos. Are they under blendedfarm? We hope to move around milan or moores hill, somewhere out that way. Your garden was great in the video, thats what i want the tiller for. I plan on the 30 inch mechanical. Wife says im putting the cart before the horse with my tractor research. Hey what can i say, i enjoy it.
    Milan is about 1.5 hours from me, not too far. Yes those are our videos. Some of the attachments have changed with the new 590ís, so make sure whatever attachments you are looking for will work. Mine is a 2015.
    etcallhome likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ISPTrooper View Post
    Milan is about 1.5 hours from me, not too far. Yes those are our videos. Some of the attachments have changed with the new 590ís, so make sure whatever attachments you are looking for will work. Mine is a 2015.
    My plan is to order the tiller with the tractor so i can get a garden ready for planting, then buy the other things as needed as i go along and find exactly which accessories i need.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 07:47 AM
    Thanks
    Here are my thoughts on this.....I had an X590 for a year. They are great mowing machines. We just recently sold our house(1/3 acre city lot) and found our dream acreage with 4.5 acres. I traded up to an X738 this May from the X590 and couldn't be happier. I will say that the X7xx are in a whole new level of comfort and ease of use than the X590. DO yourself a huge favor and just get a x7xx series from the get-go. I know they are much more expensive but you will regret it if you don't. Especially if you are looking for 2-5 acres and tilling duties. Not that the X590 [I]couldn't[I] do it....but the X7xx series are much better at these things.
    Happyjanitor likes this.
    2018 John Deere 2038R
    72D mower
    220R loader
    72" Frontier landscape rake
    CenPeCo synthetic oil

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    My advice: Don't put the cart before the horse.

Wait until you get your property, then you have one less thing to move.

Start with a cheap, used $500 ride-on mower, then you can figure out what you need.

If your finances dictate you can afford a "toy", look at a gently used 1025R from a dealer (unless your area is hilly).
    Last edited by firemachine69; 04-28-2018 at 08:41 PM.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sbronemann View Post
    Here are my thoughts on this.....I had an X590 for a year. They are great mowing machines. We just recently sold our house(1/3 acre city lot) and found our dream acreage with 4.5 acres. I traded up to an X738 this May from the X590 and couldn't be happier. I will say that the X7xx are in a whole new level of comfort and ease of use than the X590. DO yourself a huge favor and just get a x7xx series from the get-go. I know they are much more expensive but you will regret it if you don't. Especially if you are looking for 2-5 acres and tilling duties. Not that the X590 [I]couldn't[I] do it....but the X7xx series are much better at these things.
    Unfortunately the x7xx's arent in my budget. I could make the payment but i dont want to be wrapped up for 5 years plus id never be able to afford the attachments nor would i ever use all of its capabilities. Just more than i would need. Maybe some day!

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    My advice: Don't put the cart before the horse.

Wait until you get your property, then you have one less thing to move.

Start with a cheap, used $500 ride-on mower, then you can figure out what you need.

If your finances dictate you can afford a "toy", look at a gently used 1025R from a dealer (unless your area is hilly).
    I agree. I have a JD push mower i got for free about 12 years ago. I've never done anything to it except put gas in it, and it starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull the first time every year. I'm hooked on the JD's so I really enjoy doing my research before making a purchase. I do have a little leeway with what i "may" need. Seems that the x590 will fit with our home property wants purchase. Mowing and gardening will be its primary use.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    I agree. I have a JD push mower i got for free about 12 years ago. I've never done anything to it except put gas in it, and it starts on the 2nd or 3rd pull the first time every year. I'm hooked on the JD's so I really enjoy doing my research before making a purchase. I do have a little leeway with what i "may" need. Seems that the x590 will fit with our home property wants purchase. Mowing and gardening will be its primary use.

Probably the most useful feature that I can see is the 4-wheel-steer. YMMV.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast