GX345 Power Flow on 345?

Thread: GX345 Power Flow on 345?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:52 AM
    Thanks

GX345 Power Flow on 345?

Put my power flow on today, and I noticed I could see light through the bottom. I picked this machine up over the winter, looks like the previous owner had a habit of dragging the power flow head on gravel or concrete, and completely worth through it. I have the opportunity to pick up a full power flow MCS, but for a GX345. Assuming the decks width is the same, will the GX power flow fit on my machine?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    The GX is most likely a "C" deck (48c for example) they attach differently then the X deck or mulch compatible deck with the metal belt guards. You can get a new housing I've seen them on E-bay.You could also pop rivet a piece of sheet metal on the bottom too.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Yes, it should fit if the deck sizes are the same. The GX series was just an improvement on the 3X5 series, with just minor changes.
    Without ice cream, there will be darkness and chaos!
    Olympian Don Kardong

1965 110s, 1966 110, 1967 112, 2001 LT150, 2003 GT245, 2004 GX345, 2006 X320

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    The GX is most likely a "C" deck (48c for example) they attach differently then the X deck or mulch compatible deck with the metal belt guards. You can get a new housing I've seen them on E-bay.You could also pop rivet a piece of sheet metal on the bottom too.
    The only issue I see with a new housing is that I'm betting based on how this machine was taken care of (I have rebuilt the motor, PO ran it dry), if I strip all the parts to change housings, I might end up spending enough money where I should have just bought a new unit. I believe the housing is still available from deere, and from what I have seen, it's the same price as the ones on ebay. As far as a sheet metal fix, it's cracked where the curved under section meets the vertical side, and my sheet metal skills are definitely not good enough to form a radiused corner piece, but that would be a great fix if the location was better!

Quote Originally Posted by T-Mo View Post
    Yes, it should fit if the deck sizes are the same. The GX series was just an improvement on the 3X5 series, with just minor changes.
    If I ended up having to replace the entire powerflow unit, would it make sense to get the GX unit over the original unit? From what I have seen, the 5 blade rotor seems like it would definitely perform better.

The one I had lined up ended up being for a 48 inch deck, so no-go there.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    I have no idea the deck you have now . That said I have a new in the box Housing for a Power Flow from John Deere .
    I would sell it at a good price as I no longer use the Power Flow . To replace the housing is a simple job and takes little time 30 minutes the first time . I will ship it to you for $100

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements