Quick hitch X485 & X728
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Quick hitch X485 & X728

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    06-19-2019 @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Quick hitch X485 & X728

    If you have the deck on either of these tractors, can you install the quick hitch???

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    mdmasters75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Location
    US
    Posts
    35
    Thanks
    6
    Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by donner1954 View Post
    If you have the deck on either of these tractors, can you install the quick hitch???
    Not sure why you want to have the both installed at the same time ?

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Location
    Kalamazoo, MI
    Posts
    554
    Thanks
    45
    Thanked 88 Times in 71 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mdmasters75 View Post
    Not sure why you want to have the both installed at the same time ?

    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Maybe he wants to push the snow out of the way so he can mow?!

    EDIT: I guess I should try to be somewhat useful. I have tried hooking up the quick hitch on a few machines over the years and am successful sometimes, but not others. I'm not sure why to be honest. My reason for doing so? Ease of transportation. When I sell one and deliver to a customer, I'd rather have it on the tractor that try to manhandle it with a broom, blower, or blade.
    Last edited by GWT3046r; 04-25-2018 at 08:30 PM.
    BigJim55 and mdmasters75 like this.

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    sennister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 224 Times in 185 Posts
    Like this? It is a X739 but should be the same as the X728.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgU2E0ruqL4&t=315s

    Not my video but it does fit at least the X7xx. I haven't tried it on my X585 but I also don't put the mower on it anymore. I have been thinking about converting my Dethatcher over to this.
    BigJim55 likes this.


    JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

    JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Location
    East Central Indiana
    Posts
    1,470
    Thanks
    93
    Thanked 240 Times in 172 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donner1954 View Post
    If you have the deck on either of these tractors, can you install the quick hitch???
    It depends on the style of quick hitch.

    The quick hitch from the 425, 445 & 455 will fit the X400, X500 & X700 series garden tractors. This hitch will not allow the deck to be installed at the same time as the quick hitch on the X series garden tractors. This hitch has the solid bar at the bottom & latches at the top.

    The new style X series garden tractor quick hitch has the solid bar at the top & the latches at the bottom. This hitch will work with the mower deck installed.
    BigJim55 and TJR345 like this.
    Kioti CK3510SE HST, Kioti KL4030 Loader, John Deere 655 Tiller, Frontier LR2072 Landscape Rake, Virnig V50 Pallet Forks, Woods GB60 Box Blade
    John Deere X739 AWS 4X4, 60HC Auto Connect Deck, Front grader blade.
    John Deere 825i Gator

    John Deere Tractors I have owned in the past.
    425 AWS, 455, 4400, 2210, 4710, 2320, 2720, X475, 1026R, 4120, 2025R

  8. Top | #6

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    06-19-2019 @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Like this? It is a X739 but should be the same as the X728.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgU2E0ruqL4&t=315s

    Not my video but it does fit at least the X7xx. I haven't tried it on my X585 but I also don't put the mower on it anymore. I have been thinking about converting my Dethatcher over to this.
    That is what I bought. Works nice. I see the newer quick hitch hooks up differently...

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    06-19-2019 @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisR View Post
    It depends on the style of quick hitch.

    The quick hitch from the 425, 445 & 455 will fit the X400, X500 & X700 series garden tractors. This hitch will not allow the deck to be installed at the same time as the quick hitch on the X series garden tractors. This hitch has the solid bar at the bottom & latches at the top.

    The new style X series garden tractor quick hitch has the solid bar at the top & the latches at the bottom. This hitch will work with the mower deck installed.
    That is what I thought...

  10. Top | #8
    sennister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 224 Times in 185 Posts
    I figured that is what you were trying to do. No other reason to have it on with the mower deck short of just transporting stuff.

    If what ChrisR stated is accurate, I have the new style on My X585. That shocks me because it is a 2002 model. I have the solid bar on top and pins on the bottom.

    Like I said, I don't use my mower anymore so it isn't an issue for me if I fabricate up a bracket like this for my dethacher. I just just run out and get some steel to throw it together. Shouldn't take much. It is getting to be about that time. Though I was in the back yard the other day where it is shaded from the pine trees. This isn't an area that drifts and I don't go back there in the winter so it isn't like I was piling up snow there. When I walked through it, the snow was over my knees.
    Last edited by sennister; 04-26-2018 at 07:52 AM.


    JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

    JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    May 2013
    Last Online
    06-19-2019 @ 09:04 AM
    Location
    Central Minnesota
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    I figured that is what you were trying to do. No other reason to have it on with the mower deck short of just transporting stuff.

    If what ChrisR stated is accurate, I have the new style on My X585. That shocks me because it is a 2002 model. I have the solid bar on top and pins on the bottom.

    Like I said, I don't use my mower anymore so it isn't an issue for me if I fabricate up a bracket like this for my dethacher. I just just run out and get some steel to throw it together. Shouldn't take much. It is getting to be about that time. Though I was in the back yard the other day where it is shaded from the pine trees. This isn't an area that drifts and I don't go back there in the winter so it isn't like I was piling up snow there. When I walked through it, the snow was over my knees.
    Are you still using that quick hitch????

  12. Top | #10
    sennister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Location
    Twin Cities, MN
    Posts
    2,095
    Thanks
    30
    Thanked 224 Times in 185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donner1954 View Post
    Are you still using that quick hitch????
    Yes. The X585 is used now for plowing snow in the winter and maybe some snowblowing if it gets really bad like this year. Then once the snow melts the FEL goes on till next snow season. I took the quick hitch off last weekend because I was moving some of my snow banks with the FEL so they would melt quicker. So I use it all winter.

    I have a Z950R for mowing and picking up leaves which is why I don't use the mower on the X585 anymore.


    JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

    JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •