LX277 ignition issue

Thread: LX277 ignition issue

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-19-2014 @ 06:16 PM
    Thanks

LX277 ignition issue

My LX277 will start and run when cold only if I keep the ignition key from returning all the way from the start position to the run position. It dies if I release the key to completely to the run position. As long as I hold it, it continues to run. After several attempts to keep it running it then continues to run as normal with no more issues until it sits for a day or more.
    Any suggestions as to cause will be appreciated.
    Last edited by Alderman; 11-19-2014 at 06:16 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC) farmgirl19's Avatar
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,149 Times in 751 Posts
    I'm sorry that I have no answers to your problem, but wanted to say...

We have a lot of members with knowledge of the L&G tractors, and I'd bet one of them can help you!
    If man had enough horse sense to treat his wife like a Thoroughbred, she'd never grow into an old nag.

If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride!

Happiness is contagious; Be a carrier!

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderman View Post
    My LX277 will start and run when cold only if I keep the ignition key from returning all the way from the start position to the run position. It dies if I release the key to completely to the run position. As long as I hold it, it continues to run. After several attempts to keep it running it then continues to run as normal with no more issues until it sits for a day or more.
    Any suggestions as to cause will be appreciated.
    It could be as simple as a worn ignition switch. Could be a faulty terminal connector, or..........I would NOT keep holding that ignition key in as you stated. You could be frying something in an already failing ignition circuit. Time to get out the multi meter & start looking for the problem. Without testing your not going to find it. I did have somewhere the procedure to test ignition switches, but can't find it at the moment. I'm sure another member will come along soon with the information you need. Good Luck-Maddog
    :empathy3:

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    06-28-2019 @ 11:07 PM
    Thanks
    What Maddog said!!!^^^ Sounds just like a new switch is in order.
    2013(12) 1026r TLB 54 QH front blade, 54D Auto Connect deck, ballast box, carryall

'04 GX335, 48C, Johnny Bucket Jr., PowerFlow W/7bu. bagger, 42 snow blower, 48 Plow, JD front dethatcher, 10 Cart, Little-Brown Henway, Stihl 026P/20", Stihl 241/16", Stihl BG 85 blower, Stihl KombiMotor 110 w/string trimmer/brush cutter/edger/pole saw/hedge trimmer, Snapper 21" WB, Snapper 8/24 snow blower

"...and visions of green CUT sugarplums dance in his head..."

NRA Life Member

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements