• 1 Post By Outinfront

Thread: Hydro 175

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-18-2018 @ 12:05 PM
    Thanks

Hydro 175

Hi All

I just picked up a Hydro 175 from craigslist for $50 that wasn't running and had been sitting for years.

I spent a few hours cleaning her up - installed the wiring harness and relay kit Am107421, replaced the battery and cleaned the carb out, changed oil and filter, air filter and ignition switch.
    Fired her up today and she runs great - mowed the lawn today after some minor repairs to the deck.

I have a few questions though, hopefully someone here could share some knowledge.

Are both rear wheels drive wheels or will it transfer power to the tire with the least traction.

Also will LA175 steering components fit into a hydro 175?

does anyone know the valve lash specs?

Does anyone know what this bracket is for in the picture below

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180426_211812.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	601538

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outinfront View Post
    Hi All

I just picked up a Hydro 175 from craigslist for $50 that wasn't running and had been sitting for years.

I spent a few hours cleaning her up - installed the wiring harness and relay kit Am107421, replaced the battery and cleaned the carb out, changed oil and filter, air filter and ignition switch.
    Fired her up today and she runs great - mowed the lawn today after some minor repairs to the deck.

I have a few questions though, hopefully someone here could share some knowledge.

Are both rear wheels drive wheels or will it transfer power to the tire with the least traction.

Also will LA175 steering components fit into a hydro 175?

Does anyone know what this bracket is for in the picture below

Name:	20180426_211812.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	60.2 KB 
ID:	601538
    Which mower deck is on it?

It looks like it could be part of the brackets for mounting a deck blower for the grass collection, but I tried to look them up and there are several decks and different blowers shown in the parts configurations. The way the hole in the bracket is rounded out, I would say something heavy that rotates on the mounting pin, which is why it make me think of deck mounted leaf ' grass collection system........

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:16 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Outinfront View Post
    Correct, only one wheel will drive at any given moment. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years. I bought it new and it was still running great when I sold it.

Intake: 0.15 mm
    Exhaust: 0.15mm

The engine is a Kawasaki FC420V. The owners manual and service data is available for download on the Kawasaki website.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Which mower deck is on it?

It looks like it could be part of the brackets for mounting a deck blower for the grass collection, but I tried to look them up and there are several decks and different blowers shown in the parts configurations. The way the hole in the bracket is rounded out, I would say something heavy that rotates on the mounting pin, which is why it make me think of deck mounted leaf ' grass collection system........

It's a 38" deck with two blades

Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Correct, only one wheel will drive at any given moment. I had a 175 Hydro for 25 years. I bought it new and it was still running great when I sold it.

Intake: 0.15 mm
    Exhaust: 0.15mm

The engine is a Kawasaki FC420V. The owners manual and service data is available for download on the Kawasaki website.
    Thanks for all the info you guys rock
    BigJim55 likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Does anyone know what these are for?

Name:	20180430_115233.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	59.8 KB 
ID:	601986