40 loader questions

Thread: 40 loader questions

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks

40 loader questions

Trading a 47 blower, upstop and driveshafts and some cash next week for a 40 loader and I have some questions. How hard is it to install the sub frame away from your garage or would it be easier just to strap the loader down on the trailer and go? Does the subframe mount to the outside bolts on the rear axles or does it use the holes that secure the transmission to the frame? Also on the transmission relief valve, there are two different ones AM121248 which is listed in the 425 parts catalog and is $286.98, the other which is listed for the 45 loader and 2wd tractors which is BW15043 and costs $152.57. Now I know they are different tractors, but they have identical part number matching transmissions. Both of the relief valves replace the factory valve AM882548. Any reason why the one for the x series would not work?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,964 Times in 2,476 Posts
    I can't really help with your question, but it might be helpful to those that could to know what machine your trying to mount this onto?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    04-03-2018 @ 11:29 AM
    Thanks
    When I had my 40 loader on my 425, I installed it and then removed it sold it separate from tractor. I would suggest installing in your garage, especially if you are by yourself. I removed the rear wheels to make it easier. I laid the mounting frame under each side installed the front bolt loose and used a floor jack to lift frame up and hold up to get rear bolts started. As far as the pressure relief valve , I beleive the difference is in the pressure rating. I would only use the one recommended for the tractor.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Mounting on a 425, just curious on the two different valves on the exact same transmission why would there be two different relief settings on identical transmissions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements