Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: X739 Hydraulics to raise/lower Deck

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 04:20 PM
    Thanks

X739 Hydraulics to raise/lower Deck

I have an operating question about my new 739. I have the 54HC deck and the control to lower and raise the deck seems very finicky. I知 not sure if I知 doing something wrong or what and maybe I need to be corrected. Its seems like a straight forward process and really cant screw up so maybe something is wrong with the controls. I致e got plenty of RPM but I have to move the control stick back and forth several times before I get any kind of response. Normal?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jobes View Post
    I have an operating question about my new 739. I have the 54HC deck and the control to lower and raise the deck seems very finicky. I知 not sure if I知 doing something wrong or what and maybe I need to be corrected. Its seems like a straight forward process and really cant screw up so maybe something is wrong with the controls. I致e got plenty of RPM but I have to move the control stick back and forth several times before I get any kind of response. Normal?
    No, it should respond almost instantly unless you have the hydraulic lock out valve partially closed, assuming you have one.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:14 AM
    Thanks
    Do you have a snowblower or plow? If so you have a diverter valve up near the SCV hose hookups. It has to be turned all the way one direction for snowblower use and all the way the other direction for mower use. It diverts hydraulic flow between the mower lift arms and the SCV for one circuit. I forget which way it has to be for mower use, but I *think* it is all the way out. Find it and turn it all the way opposite of where it is currently and see if that changes things.

If you don't have a snowblower/plow and no diverter valve then I'm not sure what is going on. The deck should raise and lower smoothly and quickly even at idle.

Rob
    2016 x758 w/60" HC mower, 54" snowblower, MC519 bagger
    2010 2520 w/61" H130 loader, TA 42" forks, KK 60" Pro tiller, iMatch quick hitch, KK middle buster
    1996 345 - Traded
    Other toys: Stihl BR600 backpack blower; McCulloch chainsaws: 10-10S, 700, 805, 10-10; JD trimmer

2520:__________________________x758:__________________________Faithful 345:___________________

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Thanks
    I would agree that the diverter valve is the first thing to check. By closing the valve it prevents sending hydraulic pressure to the cylinder that controls deck lift and 3pt hitch lift (if you have that option). This is desireable because in the winter when plowing it is the circuit used to angle the blade or when blowing to turn the chute direction. If the valve sends pressure to the rear cylinder for mower deck and 3pt lift there is a delay before you build up enough pressure to angle the blade or turn the chute. Also, not an issue with the blower chute, but the blade can't hold its angle as well with the valve open. This is because if the blade is straight there is always a little pressure to angle one way or another and that pushes on the angle cylinder which bleeds pressure back to the rear cylinder.

This diverter valve was standard on all X machines like on my X585 with earlier model years. They then made it optional but I think it came standard on SE as the X585 transitioned into the X7xx line. It is one of those things that was there sometimes and not other times. If not included, many times they were added.

It is also one of those things many people forget about come spring.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    No other attachments. I'll have to see if my unit included the diverter. Zero response from my dealer yet which seems to be about the norm.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-08-2019 @ 09:13 AM
    Thanks
    Is this new behavior or a new tractor to you? One guess is if you lower the deck it only goes down to the depth stop. If you continue to hold the hyd lever down the cylinder keeps moving but the deck doesn't. If you then raise, there is a "lag" in response as the cylinder is moving but you don't see it (and the deck doesn't raise until the cylinder travels enough to pull it off the depth stop mechanism). Hope this makes sense.
    arlen and gittyup like this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    dkarst

its a new tractor took delivery last week. When this happens I hear nothing at all no hydro sounds or anything. I think I'd hear something going on even if the deck was at stop and the cylinder continues to travel.

The dealer/tech is coming out Friday. Just hope its not the guy that delivered it because he couldn't even tell me where the oil drain was (no kidding either). I also asked him if the deck was leveled... his answer... well it should be. NOT

and upon delivery my trans fluid was dry to the bone.

Quote Originally Posted by dkarst View Post
    Is this new behavior or a new tractor to you? One guess is if you lower the deck it only goes down to the depth stop. If you continue to hold the hyd lever down the cylinder keeps moving but the deck doesn't. If you then raise, there is a "lag" in response as the cylinder is moving but you don't see it (and the deck doesn't raise until the cylinder travels enough to pull it off the depth stop mechanism). Hope this makes sense.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    dkarst

its a new tractor took delivery last week. When this happens I hear nothing at all no hydro sounds or anything. I think I'd hear something going on even if the deck was at stop and the cylinder continues to travel.

The dealer/tech is coming out Friday. Just hope its not the guy that delivered it because he couldn't even tell me where the oil drain was (no kidding either). I also asked him if the deck was leveled... his answer... well it should be. NOT

If your transaxle fluid level was so low that it wouldn't read on the dipstick, then this could have something to do with it. Have you checked the level recently? If it is very low, then this could cause goofy reactions like you're experiencing. Obviously, if it was completely empty, then your tractor wouldn't move at all.

Additionally, if your level was that low, then I would really let the dealer have it. That's absolutely pathetic. I wouldn't always expect a delivery driver to know the answers to questions about every tractor they deliver though. They aren't typically a certified mechanic.
    Last edited by GWT3046r; 05-09-2018 at 04:34 PM.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:17 AM
    Thanks
    Yeah that might be related to the problem. Sounds like your dealer is just like the one that I have a couple miles from my house.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 04:23 PM
    Thanks

I have a 2017 X738 and my transaxle fluid was quite low when I checked mine at around 20 hrs. I never checked it before that because I did not think I should have had to. My mistake! My implements were lagging and sluggish. I told the dealer, he gave me all the transaxle fluid I needed. It took a couple trips back and forth to the dealer but I got it and now it works great. Hope this helps and that you are able to get this little "kink" worked out!
    Mike

2018 1025R w/120R FEL
    54" Quickhitch snowblower (JD)
    54" Quickhitch blade (JD) with Artillian wings
    54" JD MMM
    Frontier RC 2048
    Titan 36" forks
    53" Heavy Hitch tooth bar
    MCS 20 w/ Power Flow
    Heavy Hitch
    I-Match - JD
    16 - 42# suitcase weights (JD)