• 1 Post By BANGER
  • 1 Post By BANGER

Thread: Need Some Help With my Fertilizer Spreader

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks

Need Some Help With my Fertilizer Spreader

I have Ag-Fab Broadcast Spreader 130 lb pull behind . I set the rate 4/5 years ago and just run with it and it dose a good job .
    Last year my friend used it in the summer for some thing (do not know) now my setting is changed . Anyone have an idea were to start ?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:11 AM
    Thanks
    For some reason 7 sticks in my head.
    Quote Originally Posted by BANGER View Post
    I have Ag-Fab Broadcast Spreader 130 lb pull behind . I set the rate 4/5 years ago and just run with it and it dose a good job .
    Last year my friend used it in the summer for some thing (do not know) now my setting is changed . Anyone have an idea were to start ?
    Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    Anyone have an idea were to start ?
    Owner's Manual! I don't know what you are spreading but pretty much any packaged fertilizer or seed has an application rate on the bag. Compare that to the instructions in your owner's manual.
    Herminator likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,607 Times in 1,221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Owner's Manual! I don't know what you are spreading but pretty much any packaged fertilizer or seed has an application rate on the bag. Compare that to the instructions in your owner's manual.
    Correct. The manual should have a chart or diagram in the back to aid in setting the gauge for the various materials and application rate. It's not quite as easy as using a Scotts spreader and setting the dial to what is on the bag but it will get you in the ball park.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Thanks
    I have an Agri-Fab spreader that is so old, I wore out this sprocket that drives the impeller,,,

I never consider the number, but, rather, I measure the opening and adjust the setting accordingly.

I am positive that something flexes, causing the setting to change over time, and use.
    Herminator likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    Agreed.

On my agrifab 100 there is a sticker for diffent materials But for fertilizer it really depends on what the ratio is. On mine I run about four although I do go over the area twice. For fertilizing I like to do it two times with two different paths so you do not get streaks or patches and be sure not to stop or start unless you are moving because we have all seen lawns with dark green swirls that you could see exactly where they started.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    First my Spreader is old so very little markings as to anything . Second I am not using Bags (cost to much) I buy bulk Just got 800 lb to do my grass ( I buy 800lb every year). As for the manual Ag=Fab does not hare any rates in the manual . I think I set it at 6.5 last time but the hole looks really big .

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    First my Spreader is old so very little markings as to anything . Second I am not using Bags (cost to much) I buy bulk Just got 800 lb to do my grass ( I buy 800lb every year). As for the manual Ag=Fab does not hare any rates in the manual . I think I set it at 6.5 last time but the hole looks really big .
    Similar to what I did. My bulk would be a 39-46-60. I ran at a 6 in the pasture. I suspect your thought is correct. On the lawn I went twice at a 4
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Herminator View Post
    Similar to what I did. My bulk would be a 39-46-60. I ran at a 6 in the pasture. I suspect your thought is correct. On the lawn I went twice at a 4
    I never go over it twice but I may try that I have never had spots I miss but it can happen easy . I thank You
    Herminator likes this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Well I got my Fertilizer on today ran the rate on 5 came up a little lite so went back over some .
    At the half way point I got rained out for about an hour then finished it . Going to have some rain tonight so that is great .

Thanks
    Herminator likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to BANGER For This Useful Post:

Herminator (05-12-2018)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements