E100 issues

Thread: E100 issues

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-13-2018 @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks

E100 issues

Hello all,
    I just purchased my first John Deere 3 weeks ago, the E100. I am very satisfied with its performance, the only issue I have found is this, The mower only has 4 hours on it and I do have warranty. I have always worked on my own equipment, and if it an easy fix I would rather do it myself than have it sit in a shop for however long. It started around 2 hours. I would cut the mower on and run it for approximately 20 minutes and me always paying attention to everything i noticed the engine singing a different tune. The mower has never cut off. So I stopped the mower, check the oil, air filter and you name it and everything was fine. The engine is not sputtering but it seems like it hesitates. It seems it its just a momentary pause and the engine runs a little more rough than when I first crank it up and go. During the momentary pause sometimes it will slightly backfire. All the fuel put in is new and clean. The issue comes and goes, because I can disengage the deck and sometimes it will go away, other times when I disengage it will continue. I can play with the throttle some and it will clear up. When watching the fuel filter when the engine has this mishap i can see what fuel is slightly dumped into the filter and then goes back to the normal level. Ive made sure the choke is all the way off by pulling on the metal piece the throttle pushes against to make sure it is all the way off. Any suggestions or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Last edited by Pirates132; 05-13-2018 at 12:43 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    03-12-2019 @ 10:40 PM
    Thanks
    Not sure, but sure sounds like a little water got in the gas and a drop is inside the carb bowl causing havoc sometimes. Maybe add some water remover to the fuel and see what happens.

Keep in mind that fuel-related problems are not covered under warranty, so make sure to do everything you can to eliminate that from the possibilities.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    05-13-2018 @ 04:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Displaced Hokie View Post
    Not sure, but sure sounds like a little water got in the gas and a drop is inside the carb bowl causing havoc sometimes. Maybe add some water remover to the fuel and see what happens.

Keep in mind that fuel-related problems are not covered under warranty, so make sure to do everything you can to eliminate that from the possibilities.
    Thanks bud, I will give this a try tomorrow and see. I may drain the tank as well. Thanks again!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements