Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Which Is Right For You? John Deere x700 vs 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks

Which Is Right For You? John Deere x700 vs 1025r

Here's a brief blog post regarding some of the main differences between the John Deere X7 Series garden tractors and 1 Series sub-compact tractors. If you are in the market, then hopefully this gives a little insight between the two. It's certainly not all-inclusive and just hits some of the highlights. Thanks!

Read Here

Watch Here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180404_155819126.jpg  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GWT3046r For This Useful Post:

bigbear (05-14-2018)

3. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

4. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-25-2019 @ 10:34 PM
    Thanks
    You forgot to mention the X7xx series have a lower center of gravity.
    JD 2520 MCUT (SOLD)

Looking for a 3xx or 4xx restoration project (at a good price)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    01-06-2019 @ 07:14 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
    You forgot to mention the X7xx series have a lower center of gravity.
    No I didn't. That fell under the "not all-inclusive" portion of the presentation!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    You still trying to sell the 1 Series sub-compact . It not as good as a mower tractor and looks kind of cheap ,
    Is it made in Japan ??

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BANGER View Post
    You still trying to sell the 1 Series sub-compact . It not as good as a mower tractor and looks kind of cheap ,
    Is it made in Japan ??
    The 1 series is a better all around machine but the 700 series may mow better? But I don't own a 700 series so I can't say for sure. The engines in the 1 series is a Yanmar made in Japan but the tractor is made in Augusta Georgia I believe.
    2016 1025r TLB, H120 loader with 53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar, Ken's hooks, 54" mechanical lift deck/auto connect & mulching kit, 260 backhoe with 12" bucket, Titan pallet forks, County line post hole auger
    1987 318, 50" deck

Reluctant member of hitting the Rops on the garage door TWICE
    (Gone but not forgotten) 1947 John Deere D, 1984 318, 1985 430
    Stihl MS290 20" bar
    Stihl FS110 Trimmer
    Stihl BR350 Backpack blower

99 Honda Foreman S

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    These two series really are completely different machines.

I have the x739. I chose it because of maneuverability. The AWS should not be understated as this is an important feature on "technical" lawns with lots to mow around, with blind corners and dead-ends. Super fast, almost zero-turn like, grass cutting machine. It also will plow snow sideways and you won't lose steering when the front gets light because you can steer with the rears. It is a snow moving beast. AWS is not an option on the 1-series. The X is also a little lower to ground. Not as low as I'd like. The old 400 series was better in this regard. But still the X739 fits better under low limbs and big shrubs. And a little less likely to roll over on a slope. The HDAP tires are way better for general use than R1, R4, or turfs, and not an option on the 1-series (I don't think).

The 1-series is a good choice when you want a hybrid between a tractor and a mower. However these sub-cuts are quite versatile and do fill a niche for the smaller property owner who only needs light duty loader/3PH work. The only advantage of the 1-series is the loader and bigger 3PH implements (and selection). Otherwise, there is an X7xx that fits almost any other need just as well, or better for some tasks.

The 1-series is a better value, as you get more for your dollar, in a general sense.

I have bigger tractor too. My 3300 lb tractor (tractor only) is about 1 size up from the 1-series (Kioti CK25) and my X739 will plow circles around the CK when working around cars, house, garage, etc. It's amazing how fast it is. Now long straight-line plowing, the CK would do better, maybe. For mowing the CK (and the 1-series) has no chance. With the X there is very little trimming. Moves fast. Turns on a dime. Pushes just as large of a mower deck as any machine of its HP.

The X AWS really has no peers for what it is and does. No one makes anything quite like it.
    Last edited by gittyup; 05-17-2018 at 06:12 PM.
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.

10. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,454 Times in 1,579 Posts
    Just my 2 cents.

I have mowed with a x590 for close to 8 yrs , now a x738 (140hrs) for past 2 yrs. I will say the new 54" on the x7XX will throw the grass. This is my SIL fathers machine that I have used , eats the gas about 5gal in 3-3 1/2hr of mowing. Another note on mowing, both machines WILL tear up you lawn . Like the hdap tires better than R4 and for me will NEVER own a machine with turf tires, FIL did that trick about 39 yrs ago wore chains on this machine till he replaced the tires about 10 yrs ago now no chains except in the winter months.

I've owned a 2210.2305 , 1026 and 1025r (3yrs old 375hrs) over the past 18 yrs . mowing the same yard with 2305 takes maybe 3 gal of diesel.

I like both machines , but for me the 1series out shines in more ways than fuel.

Agree subs have the ROPS and can be a pain. but truthfully can't tell any difference on a hill for low center of gravity. IMO the big feeling is you are setting higher on a 1 series and that is what most people feel and that is what they dislike. But machines have the same size tires, so how is the x a better low center of gravity. OH so setting higher up so it will tip over easier, yes it will but the reason is using FEL , no ballast and bucket to high in the air and user going to fast or runs over a hump or in a dip.

Another reason 1 series shines L and H range, and 3pt included, plus rear PTO with purchase along with diesel.

As stated above the 54" for x series IMO outshines the one on the series 1 ,, unless they are using the same deck on the new ones.
    but mowing in high and damp grass the diesel , mows with no hesitation.

Just my 2 cents after using both machines every week .
    ColonyPark and GWT3046r like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to etcallhome For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (05-22-2018)

12. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,058 Times in 2,223 Posts
    This is a good comparison and subject. I found the summary on your site well written. If only you had a diesel x700 to compare along with showing the 1-series without the loader.

I think there is a definite market for the x700 series. To a lot of suburban/city people seeing the 1-series on the lots with the leaders attached is intimidating to some of them.

Many many years ago I was faced with the same decision that is shown here. I ran heavy equipment and farm tractors most of my life. I also had a small mowing business most of my life. At one point when I had my 332 I was ready to upgrade and visited my dealer. I went right for the x700 diesel (don’t know the model numbers). This is before the zero turns started becoming popular.

My dealer steered my right to the 2210 which is the predisessor to the 1-series. I think it was Deere’s first sub-compact diesel with this configuration. He eventually talked me into it but I still thought the loader was kind of a joke. I can eat crow now after that tractor and my present 2520 after 11 years.

But....I am considering a dedicated mowing machine once again. I had a 757 zero turn for a few years but had to sell it when I got sick. Have been mowing with the 2520 since which has been fine.

When thinking about a dedicated mowing machine I automatically look at a zero turn again. But at this point in my life ride quilaity is a huge factor. The zero turns I have used just ride rough on my mowing areas. Plus I need a relatively heavy machine due to the hills I have. So when it comes time I will certainly consider an x700 series with a diesel of course. Ride quality is more important to me now than cut quality or speed. It will be very interesting to find which machine will ride better - a zero turn or an x700 series.
    ColonyPark and GWT3046r like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

13. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-16-2018 @ 07:23 PM
    Thanks
    I didnt buy a 7 series I bought a 5 series but

I wanted a 1025r badly but after seeing the mowing quality of a friend's mower I knew I wasnt going to be happy with it.

I picked up a brand new x570 and a used kubota sub compact with a loader and deck for less than I would of paid for a new 1025r.

Had enough cash left to buy a new 12x20 garden shed.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

14. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Just my 2 cents.

I have mowed with a x590 for close to 8 yrs , now a x738 (140hrs) for past 2 yrs. I will say the new 54" on the x7XX will throw the grass. This is my SIL fathers machine that I have used , eats the gas about 5gal in 3-3 1/2hr of mowing. Another note on mowing, both machines WILL tear up you lawn . Like the hdap tires better than R4 and for me will NEVER own a machine with turf tires, FIL did that trick about 39 yrs ago wore chains on this machine till he replaced the tires about 10 yrs ago now no chains except in the winter months.

I've owned a 2210.2305 , 1026 and 1025r (3yrs old 375hrs) over the past 18 yrs . mowing the same yard with 2305 takes maybe 3 gal of diesel.

I like both machines , but for me the 1series out shines in more ways than fuel.

Agree subs have the ROPS and can be a pain. but truthfully can't tell any difference on a hill for low center of gravity. IMO the big feeling is you are setting higher on a 1 series and that is what most people feel and that is what they dislike. But machines have the same size tires, so how is the x a better low center of gravity. OH so setting higher up so it will tip over easier, yes it will but the reason is using FEL , no ballast and bucket to high in the air and user going to fast or runs over a hump or in a dip.

Another reason 1 series shines L and H range, and 3pt included, plus rear PTO with purchase along with diesel.

As stated above the 54" for x series IMO outshines the one on the series 1 ,, unless they are using the same deck on the new ones.
    but mowing in high and damp grass the diesel , mows with no hesitation.

Just my 2 cents after using both machines every week .
    Mowed with a X590 for 8 years ? Hasn't even Been Out for more than 2 & 1/2 years or did You mean a X595?
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast