• 2 Post By Fozsey
  • 2 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: LA 145 Problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    05-29-2018 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks

LA 145 Problem

I have had this tractor for 11 years, no problem until today. Cut the front yard yesterday, no issues.

Cutting the rear yard today, it started then died after 15 seconds. No start at all now. Air cleaner looks good, fuel filter replaced 2 years ago. If I use starting fluid, it will run for 5-6 seconds then quit. It's not getting fuel???

If you look at the fuel filter, visually clean and you can see clear gas in it. Gas is 2 weeks old.

Fuel pump? Carburetor? Any ideas? How do I diagnose it? Is there a simple fuel pump test I can do at home?

HELP!

Mark

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    05-29-2018 @ 06:01 PM
    Thanks

No Reply

Quote Originally Posted by Gizzymark View Post
    I have had this tractor for 11 years, no problem until today. Cut the front yard yesterday, no issues.

Cutting the rear yard today, it started then died after 15 seconds. No start at all now. Air cleaner looks good, fuel filter replaced 2 years ago. If I use starting fluid, it will run for 5-6 seconds then quit. It's not getting fuel???

If you look at the fuel filter, visually clean and you can see clear gas in it. Gas is 2 weeks old.

Fuel pump? Carburetor? Any ideas? How do I diagnose it? Is there a simple fuel pump test I can do at home?

HELP!

Mark
    Apparently, nobody on this forum ever had a no start condition on there JD tractor, or don't want to comment.
    Google and you tube is your friend, and it has videos showing the repair.

Never mind, it's running great now.
    -mark

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    08-17-2019 @ 04:50 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gizzymark View Post
    Apparently, nobody on this forum ever had a no start condition on there JD tractor, or don't want to comment.
    Google and you tube is your friend, and it has videos showing the repair.

Never mind, it's running great now.
    -mark
    I'm sincerely sorry you we were unable to meet your expectations regarding your post. Many of us have jobs and families we are committed to in addition to this forum. In addition, your thread was started going into a holiday weekend when many of us also had family committments. If I posted a followup with an extremely negative tone, I would expect reluctance from members to be willing to donate their time to help me. Yes my friend, our time is donated freely and our advice is given with no expectation of reimbursement other than to not to be disrespected and to further our respective interests. I don't give prsonal advice but if I started this thread, I would take a step back and ask myself how I would feel if I was reading the two and especially the second post? I'm glad you found your issue and hope you contribute to another's questions with your new found knowledge in a meaningful way someday. Until then, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    SulleyBear and JDSwan87 like this.

~Brian~

1998 425/54 Deck/650 hours | 1998 455/60 Deck/54 Blade/1300 hours | 2003 GX345 48 Deck/47 Blade/Electric Pivot/900 hours (sold)

Yes I have an addiction and no I don't want help

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fozsey For This Useful Post:

JDSwan87 (05-30-2018), SulleyBear (05-29-2018)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:24 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fozsey View Post
    I'm sincerely sorry you we were unable to meet your expectations regarding your post. Many of us have jobs and families we are committed to in addition to this forum. In addition, your thread was started going into a holiday weekend when many of us also had family commitments.

If I posted a followup with an extremely negative tone, I would expect reluctance from members to be willing to donate their time to help me. Yes my friend, our time is donated freely and our advice is given with no expectation of reimbursement other than to not to be disrespected and to further our respective interests.

I don't give personal advice but if I started this thread, I would take a step back and ask myself, how I would feel if I was reading the two and especially the second post?

I'm glad you found your issue and hope you contribute to anothers questions with your new found knowledge in a meaningful way someday. Until then, I hope you have a better day tomorrow.
    Well said Fozsey / Brian....I just saw his thread about 15 minutes after his 2nd post around 7pm....... When I saw the "reply", I lacked the ability to respond as eloquently as you did / have so i felt it was best to say nothing at that point.

Even all these years later, I can see my mother saying "If you can't say something nice, say nothing at all....." Of course the rest of her message was "if you do say something nasty, you had better hope I couldn't back hand you from the front seat", cuz she would and often did. How do you think I learned to bob and weave so successfully?.......

It's unfortunate as we try hard and do the best we can......Some days, its crazy. I have had more Private Messages and follow up emails with GTT supporters / members today on various topics than I normally have in a week.

There has been a lot of activity lately here on GTT. I can't even imagine how the Moderators do it. Their dedication and devotion to what can be a thankless "task" and responsibility really deserves our admiration on a daily basis......Heck, they must be on GTT all of the time.........

It would sure help someone else with their problem with their LA145 if they knew whether his difficulty was;

A. - the fuel solenoid sticking which caused his problem or

B. - just the affect of this ethanol blended fuel on these fuel systems and a crudded up carb.

C. - Bad gas, as the new fuel will break down even faster in heat in cans and tanks.....

D. - Bad fuel pump, Bad fuel filter, Dirty air filter.

E. - The carb needing to be rebuilt / replaced as a result of A, B, C and or D.
    Also, to anyone reading this thread and these responses, you always need to use "Starter Fluid" VERY CAREFULLY and sparingly. It can be helpful in diagnosis, but in great moderation.......and with serious care. Starter fluid use on these small engines is likely to have caused as many problems over the years as it ever solved on them.........

Either way, I hope he attempts to help someone else by posting his results so it can be beneficial to another, including someone new to GTT, who finds themselves with the same problem with their LA145.

After all, the whole point of GTT is to be helpful to one another, not to ignore one another or deny someone your insight which can help them, especially out of spite.........We try hard and do the best we can.

You always attract more bees with honey and you attract more flies with, well, you know........
    JDSwan87 and Fozsey like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

Fozsey (05-29-2018), JDSwan87 (05-30-2018)

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements