Like Tree17Likes

Thread: 14-Bushel Power Flow System or 7-Bushel

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 04:20 PM
    Thanks

14-Bushel Power Flow System or 7-Bushel

Hello all,

Looking to outfit my X739 with 54HC with a bagging system and I'm stuck between the two sizes. My main concern on the 14 is of course the overall size of the unit and storage/manhandling. I have 1.25 acres of lawn and parts are hilly. I know going with the 7-bushel is going to require more frequent emptying, not an issue but I'm I going to lose anything beyond capacity? I'm sure leaf pick-up would the biggest of the issue going smaller.

I tried the MulchControl Kit and I'm getting too much clippings left behind for my liking. I'm sure this would need to be removed and install the JD high lift blades for best performance.

My local JD guy says not many people buy the 14-bushel and he pushing me towards the 7. Not sure if he is just trying to sell me on his stock or not seeing he doesn't have the larger unit on-hand.

Also, I already tried installing the Click-N-Go bracket but I cant get the left side nut and bolt in even reversing. The trans is totally blocking access

I just dont want to have buyers remorse picking the wrong unit.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by jobes; 05-29-2018 at 10:37 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    I have the 14. It works great. My only beef is how heavy / awkward it is for putting on and off. Mine is for an X585, so maybe the newer ones are easier to handle. Putting it on isn't too bad. Taking it off is a bit more awkward. But if you are only doing it once or twice a season, it isn't a big deal.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    SulleyBear and nastorino like this.
    JD X585 - 45 Loader, 47 Blower, 54C Deck, 14 Bushel bagger & Power Flow, 13 Steel Dump Cart, JD Front Mount Thatcher, 36" steel roller, Ohio Steel 42CP Aerator

New Holland TC29D (part owner with father - it lives at his house - 7308 FEL w/ heavy duty bucket, backhoe w/ underframe

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:10 AM
    Thanks
    I went with the 7 on my X739 mainly because I was concerned about the width of the bagger on the left side where I mow under overhanging bushes and plants. Plus I wasn't sure I wanted to handle the additional weight of the fully loaded bags on the larger unit. In hindsight I think the 14 may have been fine but I didn't have any examples to look at when I ordered my mower. Here's a pic of the 7 from behind
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JD X739 011.jpg  
    SulleyBear and TJR345 like this.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by eric102 View Post
    I went with the 7 on my X739 mainly because I was concerned about the width of the bagger on the left side where I mow under overhanging bushes and plants. Plus I wasn't sure I wanted to handle the additional weight of the fully loaded bags on the larger unit. In hindsight I think the 14 may have been fine but I didn't have any examples to look at when I ordered my mower. Here's a pic of the 7 from behind

I didnt think about the left side overhang. That could be an issue with me and the 14 getting tight into the property line bushes.
    SulleyBear likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I don't own either. I use an old craftsman 2-trash can thing mounted on a carry-all that I carry around on my 3PH. It has wheels, but they can be hard on the yard when turning. So I pick it up. I've been waiting it to die so I can go to the 14 bushel JD. For me, less dumping is important. That 7 bushel unit will fill up in just a few seconds in leaves. Dumping can really slow you down.

I think the tractor will handle either unit quite well. You might need front weights for the 14.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    04-28-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    I have the 14 bushel one for my x758 and mow about an acre. During leaf season on an area that is about 1/4 acre and has one big tree it lasts less than 5 minutes before I have to empty it again. Just imagine how much time you will lose with half the capacity. As far as overhang on the side I have not found a problem. Both models will be a pain to put on and take off due to the awkwardness, more than the weight, I highly doubt the 14 bushel weighs twice as much as the 7 bushel.
    gittyup, SulleyBear and nastorino like this.
    2007 4120 hydro w/400cx loader w/73" hd bucket and forks, 448 backhoe, MX-6 brush cutter, 673 tiller, Woods/Gannon 72" rollover boxscraper, 72" Land Pride rear blade with tilt
    2013 758 w/60" HC mower deck w/14 bushel power flow and Jamison Bryce click and go storage cart

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    The hardware between the 7 bu. and the 14 is (IS ) about the same . If you think the three bagger is to wide you already tore the fender off your 758 .
    gittyup likes this.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I think JD also makes a 3PH leaf/grass collection system. It might a be bit easier to hook up. Though I don't know that for sure.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 08:27 AM
    Thanks
    I have the 14 bushel, Like others have said, makes it nice for fall leaf pickup. I have 3 acres I mow with it, I have to empty the 3 bags 3 times per mow, I personally wouldn't want the smaller bagger. It is a little clumsy to get on and off, but its not terrible, so it goes on in in the spring and off in the fall. Just my $0.02
    SulleyBear and nastorino like this.
    2017 JD 3039R Cab R4's w/ 2" Bora Spacers- H165 FEL 61" HD Bucket, Frontier 72" 4in1 Bucket, Frontier AP12 Pallet Forks, Frontier SS3067B Poly Spreader, Frontier LR1172 Landscape Rake, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 72" Express Snow Pusher, Heavy Hitch.

2005 JD X495 - 48" Deck with PF-MCS14, Front quick hitch- 47" snowblower & 54" plow and Converted QH Aerator, 45 Loader w/ JDQA

1965 JD 110 Round Fender, Brass tag snowblower and plow.

1953 John Deere Model 40T Widefront

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Ok very helpful everyone. Are many of you using this cart for the 14 MCS Storage Cart for X-Series with Click-N-Go Mounts - Jamison Bryce

Seems like it would be very helpful for dismounting and storage. Ive tried contacting the person but I'm getting no response seeing its out of stock

On another note how the heck to you get the left side nut and bolt for the L bracket installed for the Click-n-Go? I've tried switching them around and either way its hitting the bolt from the trans.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast