HXT PD 1024 Mulch blades?

Thread: HXT PD 1024 Mulch blades?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks

HXT PD 1024 Mulch blades?

I was given a set of HXT mulching blades. Previous owner said they did not perform as he thought. He did not elaborate.
    I want to put them on my JD 345 with 54" mower deck. With the wet weather we are experiencing this spring, I am mowing quite a bit.
    Great seat time, but I then need to pick up the extra cut grass. I really do not have a convenient place to dispose of all the grass.
    So, I want to put this new to me mulch blades on my JD345 and see if they will reduce considerably the amount of cut grass. I do not have a mulch kit on my 54 deck. Will I be disappointed with the performance of these blades with out the mulch kit on my deck?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails JD 345 Mulch blades.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:05 AM
    Thanks
    Wildfox, For years, 30+ !, I've had a vacuum on the back of my mower (314 & 46 deck), but as I'm approaching 70, the 36 gallon bucket of clippings is getting heavier! I bought a set of Predator blades for my 46 deck, found & attached a piece of sheetmetal to cover the discharge, and mowed. So far, I'm VERY pleased with the results. The only fault I've found is when the grass is really high...they'll leave a "windrow" near the discharge. If you cut when you should, the clippings are very fine, evenly distributed, and barely noticeable. I love them! Bob

4. The Following User Says Thank You to rwmeyer For This Useful Post:

wildfox (06-01-2018)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:06 PM
    Thanks
    Okay, I will installed them, and give them a try. I also need to make a block off plate for the deck discharge area.
    With out the mulch kit on my deck and using these new mulching blades, should I make a solid block off plate, no airflow, or a perforated
    plate?
    Thanks

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements