• 1 Post By jgayman
  • 1 Post By gittyup

Thread: First Oil Change - X739

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

First Oil Change - X739

Yesterday morn was time for the first oil change. After looking at how the crankcase drain valve and the oil filter trough/tube were arranged, I was not ready for a mess.
    First things first. The short tube connected below the oil filter was replaced with a longer hose. It worked nicely. After use, it tucks in through the hole outside the frame, and down between the engine mount/frame-rail. Will it stay there? Time will tell. The crankcase drain valve was in an ideal location. With the draft bar removed. Which I didn't think of removing until after there was a mess on the floor.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,595 Times in 1,213 Posts
    For a total mess-free solution try the oil sucker route. I no longer fiddle with the drain plugs on any of my small engines.

And for that one-two punch for any oil filter related drippings, try a Form-A-Funnel. You can bend it around to fit right up under the oil filter and direct any drippings into a catch pan.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails oil_sucker.jpg   form_a_funnel.jpg  
    North585 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks
    I'd guess the items mentioned work good for some applications. However, the oil drain valve location on the FD750D allows a nice "purge" to flush any foreign particles out.
    The current funnel catch below the oil filter is also decent after adding a longer hose.
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-10-2019 @ 04:20 PM
    Thanks
    I did my X739 a few week back and it was the simplest oil change I've ever done. The new ball valve drain is super. Afterwords I used an AOD pump to pull any remaining oil out of the crank.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    Oil changes are easy. Just need containers that fit in there. I use a small bucket for the crankcase tube and an old pie pan for the filter. Takes about 5 minutes to change. Getting to the valve isn't as easy as my old 425. But it's doable using a ratcheting 10 mm box wrench. JD is by far the best engineered that I have experienced when it comes to oil changes.

Now changing the hydraulic fluid is a whole different matter on these AWD tractors. Should be easier.
    ole4 likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements