Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Which Mulch Kit for 54HC MMM?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-01-2019 @ 08:55 AM
    Thanks

Which Mulch Kit for 54HC MMM?

When I purchased my x739, I wanted the Mulch Control Kit BM26300. No idea what went wrong, as I received Mulch Kit BM23977. At the time I was irritated because my grass needed cutting, and the salesman I worked with went on vacation. So, I installed BM23977 and went on about mowing. I would deal with the issue at a later time.

Well, I spoke with the salesman I purchased my GT through the other day, and let him know I got the wrong Mulch Kit. Given that, he checked and ordered the one I wanted from the beginning. He said he'd swap it out no problem.

Is the Mulch Control Kit BM26300 any good compared to Mulch Kit BM23977? (<-- Mulches nicely)
    2018 X739 w/54HC MMM & Mulch Kit
    54" 4-Way Plow w/Custom Mount
    Ruegg 3PH and a gaggle of implements.

TSC = The Village of Idiots

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    BM26300 is a mulch control kit. It has a handle that is operated to open and close the discharge chute as explained here.

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-...k-BM26300.html

BM23077 is just a plain mulch kit which does not have the ability to open and close the discharge chute.

https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-...r-BM23977.html

The effect of either mulch kit will be the same. BM23077 adds the ability to open and close the discharge chute which is an awesome option in my opinion.
    JD Rider likes this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    The effect of either mulch kit will be the same.
    That's the key response I was looking to hear.
    Thank you.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    I have the bolt on kit which works great as you noted. If I remember right the mulch control kit only discharges from 2 of the 3 blades, the far left one is always mulching which may or may not be an issue.
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:48 PM
    Thanks
    Also the mulch on demand kits on the 700's don't seem to open very far when you want to discharge. X300's/500's open further and seem to fit better.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quick turn around after speaking with the salesman about the wrong kit. BM26300 arrived the next day.
    The installation was pretty straight forward, although I'll admit when I got to the installation of the handle, and how that was suppose to operate, it was a little confusing until I realized why the spring was there, and how it related to the cam lever in correct operation. That's when it made sense. After a little tuning, it appears to be functioning well.

Mulch Control Kit is designed (and includes parts for) to work on both the 54HC, 60HC (different levers & cams included) and the Ztrac models with the same size decks.
    Also included is a multi-lingual manual.

Now to do a chant to see if I can get the grass to grow.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 12:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    Quick turn around after speaking with the salesman about the wrong kit. BM26300 arrived the next day.
    The installation was pretty straight forward, although I'll admit when I got to the installation of the handle, and how that was suppose to operate, it was a little confusing until I realized why the spring was there, and how it related to the cam lever in correct operation. That's when it made sense. After a little tuning, it appears to be functioning well.

Mulch Control Kit is designed (and includes parts for) to work on both the 54HC, 60HC (different levers & cams included) and the Ztrac models with the same size decks.
    Also included is a multi-lingual manual.

Now to do a chant to see if I can get the grass to grow.
    I have the BM26300 installed on my x758. It was installed by the dealer prior to delivery. The only issue is that the door opens partially after hitting slight bumps or mowing for a while. It's pretty annoying. I find myself getting off the tractor 4-5 times while mowing to close the door. I'm wondering if the dealer installed it wrong. I want going to start a thread on this issue to see if anyone else has the problem.
    Last edited by PaulB324; 07-01-2018 at 03:53 PM.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:35 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boonie View Post
    When I purchased my x739, I wanted the Mulch Control Kit BM26300. No idea what went wrong, as I received Mulch Kit BM23977. At the time I was irritated because my grass needed cutting, and the salesman I worked with went on vacation. So, I installed BM23977 and went on about mowing. I would deal with the issue at a later time.

Well, I spoke with the salesman I purchased my GT through the other day, and let him know I got the wrong Mulch Kit. Given that, he checked and ordered the one I wanted from the beginning. He said he'd swap it out no problem.

Is the Mulch Control Kit BM26300 any good compared to Mulch Kit BM23977? (<-- Mulches nicely)

Before I sold my x739, I installed BM26300 on my 54" deck. It was an easy install, and as mentioned above, has a handle to "control" it. If you're happy with what yours is doing, I wouldn't swap it out for 2 reasons.

1) The side opening when in side discharge mode is maybe 5".
    2) The farthest left blade is completely enclosed anyway, so it's more like "hybrid mulch control".

IMO, it's pointless. Either mulch or not.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB324 View Post
    I have the BM26300 installed on my x758. It was installed by the dealer prior to delivery. The only issue is that the door opens partially after hitting slight bumps or mowing for a while. It's pretty annoying. I find myself getting off the tractor 4-5 times while mowing to close the door. I'm wondering if the dealer installed it wrong. I want going to start a thread on this issue to see if anyone else has the problem.
    Adjust the cam by hand (loosen the nut in the rotational slot) to where the chute is closed tight with the detente on the right, then tighten it down (check specs for proper torque value)
    Then tighten the nut over the washer..over the spring, all the way down. Then back it off two turns. You may have to adjust the position of the detente pin as well.

To me the "control" part of this system is going to cause issues with keeping everything tight. We'll see over time I suppose.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Boonie For This Useful Post:

PaulB324 (07-02-2018)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 07:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    2) The farthest left blade is completely enclosed anyway, so it's more like "hybrid mulch control".
    Could you remove the small divider that keeps the far left blade completely enclosed so that it is more "open" when not mulching? I am considering the mulch control kit, but that is one of the things that has been keeping me from getting one.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
    X758
    54HC Deck w\auto-connect
    54 Quick Hitch Snowblower

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast