Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By xcopterdoc

Thread: LT155 Adjustments?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-18-2019 @ 08:13 AM
    Thanks

LT155 Adjustments?

Have two issues I'd like to address on my 1998 LT155 - 15hp CV15S with 42" Edge side discharge deck and a newer 112" belt (at least that's what the PO told me). I think I'm getting into the reason I got such a deal on this mower.

1) The brake/clutch pedal on the right above the forward/reverse pedals makes a noise when disengaged. It sounds like an engine rod knocking and shakes quite a bit when not depressed or in use. As soon as I move the pedal or if the parking brake is on it is very quiet and steady. I am wondering if there is an adjustment I can make or is that normal?

2) When the deck is all the way up or set over 3" the blades start spinning with the PTO "disengaged." When the deck is below 3" or all the way down they stop until they get engaged by the PTO lever. Can this also be adjusted, how? I want to add that they don't spin full speed until they are engaged but they spin enough to hurt someone pretty bad.

Thanks!
    Last edited by jeepjeff; 07-01-2018 at 07:40 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Thanks
    #1 sounds like an issue with the traction drive belt and pulleys. Pedal out, the belt tightens. Pedal in, puts slack in the belt and engages the brakes.
    #2. Get a John Deere deck belt and see what happens. Sounds like the deck belt is too short.
    These are just guesses on my part. Not there to see and hear it.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    jeepjeff likes this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

jeepjeff (07-05-2018)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    For issue #1 you were correct about the belt. Thanks a bunch! I decided to change the old drive belt (which was cracked and very worn) with a JD belt and now all is perfect. The brake pedal is solid steady and everything works fantastic.

Still having the same problem with the deck free spinning at higher settings but I am working on that next. It is dang hot outside, to hot do too much after working 8 hours already. Fixing the drive belt was enough for today.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Got a new 1/2" X 114" belt for the deck and installed it today. Perfect, she ran like new and the deck is super quiet until I lift up the deflector chute.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements