I have a John Deere 425 serial number M00425A055919. My wife was mowing the lawn the other day and it stopped running.
Now it won't start. Here is what I know:
- It will turn over twice and then stop. I can do this repeatedly where it turns over twice and then stops.
- If I pull the plug wires off it will turn over for long periods of time and not stop
- It has had the plastic cam gear replaced
- The compression in both cylinders is 170 and holds well
- There is good spark in both cylinders
- Pulled the fuel solenoid out and it is working correctly
- Fuel pump works fine
- Seems to have fuel in the carburetor
- If I spray starting fluid in the carburetor it turns over twice and stops
It almost seems like the timing is off but I don't know how to test for this. Any ideas on what I should check next will be very much appreciated.