Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By stanb

Thread: LT133 stator wire polarity

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 10:20 AM
    Thanks

LT133 stator wire polarity

I'm rewiring my LT133 because grounding issues caused some wires to burn. In the rewiring process I labelled all my wires before cutting them but for some reason, in building my DIY wiring harness, I believe that I may have reversed the stator wires. I just want to be sure that I don't need to worry about polarity of the stator wires. Since the stator is generating AC and the stator wires are not grounded, I'm inclined to believe that polarity is not an issue but would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:19 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by stanb View Post
    I'm rewiring my LT133 because grounding issues caused some wires to burn. In the rewiring process I labelled all my wires before cutting them but for some reason, in building my DIY wiring harness, I believe that I may have reversed the stator wires. I just want to be sure that I don't need to worry about polarity of the stator wires. Since the stator is generating AC and the stator wires are not grounded, I'm inclined to believe that polarity is not an issue but would like confirmation from someone who knows for sure. Thanks.
    On the old Kohlers, 110-112,400, I guess I should say K- Series motors they are ac and there is no polarity. Hope that helps.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Herminator For This Useful Post:

stanb (07-16-2018)

5. Top | #3

Last Online
    06-02-2019 @ 10:20 AM
    Thanks

Model CV135 Kohler

Mine is a model CV135 Kohler. Bought new in 2001. Like you say, pretty sure it's AC so if I inadvertently swap the wires going from the stator to the regulator I think I'm still OK. Regulator wires are still going to the correct terminals on X4 connector.

Thanks.
    Herminator likes this.

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements