425 Turf tires, rimguard, & loader questions

Thread: 425 Turf tires, rimguard, & loader questions

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Thanks

425 Turf tires, rimguard, & loader questions

I'm about to pull the trigger on a loader for my 425. Planning to get two 50lb wheel weights. Probably going to buy a rear weight bar for the quick-tach and some suitecase weights. It has normal turf tires that of course are brand new (still have stripes on the tread). Would I be wasting my money putting rimguard in the turf tires for weight? Are they useless enough to not bother and just get more aggressive tires?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    I would wait and see how it performs with the weights.If needed fill the tires,but remember it's always there unlike the weights that can be removed.
    Do you have the Tractor relief valve (TRV) for the loader.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:06 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    I would wait and see how it performs with the weights.If needed fill the tires,but remember it's always there unlike the weights that can be removed.
    Do you have the Tractor relief valve (TRV) for the loader.
    Under the 425 thru 455 The (TRV) is Called a Pressure Relief Valve (Under John Deere Parts You actually find it Under the tractor and not the loader) and it Part Number AM121248 about $157.29 at green Farm parts https://www.greenpartstore.com/searc...yword=AM121248 Your will also need to order M146148 Free-Wheeling Valve Control Lever $12.95 at Green Farm Parts https://www.greenpartstore.com/John-...48_p_7965.html and it would not Hurt to order X-Series and 4X5 Series Quarter Turn Lockout Valve. This will divert Hydraulic Oil to the Hydraulic Outlets for Better loader Performance.

Deere Changed the Name of the (TRV) Under the X465 thru X758 to the TRANSAXLE HYDROSTATIC RELIEF VALVE

John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 AM
    Thanks
    Is the relief valve to prevent blowing up the driveline while trying too hard to dig/push?

I don't have a loader yet. Currently trying piece together everything I'll need to buy/modify to make it usable.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:37 AM
    Thanks
    In your planning don’t forget rear ballast
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    Is the relief valve to prevent blowing up the driveline while trying too hard to dig/push?

I don't have a loader yet. Currently trying piece together everything I'll need to buy/modify to make it usable.
    Yes.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 02:36 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    I'm about to pull the trigger on a loader for my 425. Planning to get two 50lb wheel weights. Probably going to buy a rear weight bar for the quick-tach and some suitecase weights. It has normal turf tires that of course are brand new (still have stripes on the tread). Would I be wasting my money putting rimguard in the turf tires for weight? Are they useless enough to not bother and just get more aggressive tires?
    You need to find an owners manual and see what they recommend for rear ballast with a loader. It's going to be several hundred pounds. You will not enjoy that loader as much if you don't have the proper rear ballast. You actually won't be able to lift its capacity without it.

Loading turf tires is fine, it will help with traction but if you are doing it as a means of ballast it isn't as effective. Remember that loader is hanging way out front as a giant moment arm. You need something hanging out in the back to counter act that. If you have turf tires on the front axle, how many ply are they? I recommend at least 4 ply with a loader. You may find your side walls may start bulging pretty good if they are two ply.

When I had my loader on my 400 I had 360lbs of suitcase plates hanging off my 3 point and the rear end would still raise up off the ground if I was trying to get too big of a load with my forks. So enjoy your FEL but it's easy to get out of sorts with one on a garden tractor in a hurry.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

10. Top | #8
    GSM

Last Online
    09-11-2019 @ 09:39 PM
    Thanks
    You want a lot of ballast for the rear loader. The manual calls for minimum of 650lbs with 23" rear wheels and 750lbs with 26" rear wheels. And as 69Project pointed out, you need to switch to 4-ply tires on the front (if you have the 2-ply that I believe were stock). Also, some 425's were sold without a Hydraulic Coupler kit and Lockout valve so make sure you have those too.

With my 425 I run 6 suitcase weights on the Deere bolt-on rear weight bracket, 50lbs weights on each rear wheel, plus I've filled the rear wheels with RV antifreeze. A little more wouldn't hurt but I don't try to lift super heavy loads. You usually don't have enough pressure to do that anyway. Search for 'shimming' the implement relief valve for more info on the subject.

So to summarize, to move the 40 loader to a new tractor (and assuming you have the basic hydraulic hookups), you need what Deere calls the Transaxle Hydrostatic Relief Valve, the free-wheeling valve control level, and of course the subframe - don't forget the rear cross brace and the very large front bolts. You can still order the relief valve and control lever but the subframe pieces aren't available any longer so make very sure they are all there.
    Glenn

Deere 1025R, w/120R loader & 260B backhoe
    Sabre w/46" blade
    47 blower
    Innovative Tractor Attachments Grapple
    Clamp-on toothbar
    4P cart

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements