Any thoughts or advice on the X570?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Any thoughts or advice on the X570?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks

Any thoughts or advice on the X570?

Hi,

I have a Cub Cadet 129 (one of the old ones made by IH) that recently broke a rod. I've been considering several options...fix the Cub, buy another used Cub, or buy a new tractor. For new, I've narrowed it down to either a Kubota GR, or the JD 570. I've talked to several people who have done reviews on them on youtube...some good and bad comments. My needs are to mow approx. 1.5 acres (mostly level but some uneven, rougher sections in a more wooded area) and also for plowing snow out of my driveway (not that long but gets very drifted at times). Would the 570 be a good fit for replacing the Cub, which has lasted me for 37 years!

Thanks for any suggestions...

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,608 Times in 1,222 Posts
    The X570 is basically a rebadged X500 which has been a very reliable garden tractor.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:28 PM
    Thanks
    I previously owned a x570 and was pleased with it. The excel deck mows well and the tractor has plenty of power. It’s a no frills type mower. No hyd lift and no power steering, the locking diff is very nice though. If you can live without hyd lift and power steering def consider it.

‘17 1025r w/FEL
    (2) 80 JD carts
    18 JD cart
    Land Pride 4’ land plane
    Land Pride 1258 tiller
    Land Pride FDR 1660
    Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
    Victory EF155 flail mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks
    The x570 should be a good fit for your plans. If you can swing it, the x590 with the EFI for cold weather and plowing seems to be a very popular choice. The cold starting and running with the choke-less EFI engine is much easier and more fuel efficient than the carbureted engine.

The power steering is also a really nice thing to have. I had no idea what I was missing until I started mowing with power steering. It makes the seat time in the tractor much more enjoyable.
    goat704! likes this.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by CJadamec View Post
    The x570 should be a good fit for your plans. If you can swing it, the x590 with the EFI for cold weather and plowing seems to be a very popular choice. The cold starting and running with the choke-less EFI engine is much easier and more fuel efficient than the carbureted engine.

The power steering is also a really nice thing to have. I had no idea what I was missing until I started mowing with power steering. It makes the seat time in the tractor much more enjoyable.
    You would think so but honestly I've read more posts on here about folks with the X590 having cold (and some warm) starting problems than I ever have about the models with a carb engine. Granted we usually only read about problems on these forums but I was quite surprised on the number of X590's with hard starting issues.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    That's fair I suppose any type of gasoline delivery system is going to have issues the way lawn equipment is used and with the quality of the gasoline that goes thru them.

So far I'm loving the EFI start on my new 738, its very nice to just sit down turn the key and go with no other things to adjust or having a stall from un-choking it too soon. Granted its only 7 hrs old so my opinion is a little biased at the moment. Also with the weather in the northeast lately I haven't exactly done a cold start.

Being on forums does tend to give you a hypersensitivity to issues but that's not a bad thing sometimes. The tractors arriving to peoples homes low a quart or two of hydraulic fluid seems to be one of those issues much more common than expected.
    Woods GBC48 box scraper

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    So far I'm loving the EFI start on my new 738, its very nice to just sit down turn the key and go with no other things to adjust or having a stall from un-choking it too soon. Granted its only 7 hrs old so my opinion is a little biased at the moment. Also with the weather in the northeast lately I haven't exactly done a cold start.
    I don't recall reading many EFI-related starting issues with any of the 700-series engines. But surprisingly there have been quite a few with the X590. One of the more recent ones mentioned notifying the dealer and being told to wait until it got worse. I mean, likely one of the main reasons someone is likely to drop nearly $8000 on an EFI-engine lawn mower is for the ease of starting. Why else? Although quite frankly even that is a stretch. I've been using carb-based lawn mowers for over 50 years and never had an issue with choking to start the engine.

I can foresee that in the not too distant future most if not all small engines will have some form of EFI. At least the ones that are still around because not long after that I suspect the majority of lawn equipment will be battery powered just like cars.

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I don't recall reading many EFI-related starting issues with any of the 700-series engines. But surprisingly there have been quite a few with the X590. One of the more recent ones mentioned notifying the dealer and being told to wait until it got worse. I mean, likely one of the main reasons someone is likely to drop nearly $8000 on an EFI-engine lawn mower is for the ease of starting. Why else? Although quite frankly even that is a stretch. I've been using carb-based lawn mowers for over 50 years and never had an issue with choking to start the engine.

I can foresee that in the not too distant future most if not all small engines will have some form of EFI. At least the ones that are still around because not long after that I suspect the majority of lawn equipment will be battery powered just like cars.
    I've ventured into some battery power lawn equipment already and much like the woodworking tools there are some surprisingly powerful battery operated tools out there. I've got a 20v dewalt leaf blower and a 56v Ego hedge trimmer and chainsaw. None of them will replace my gas powered stuff completely yet, but they sure are convenient and capable for quick jobs.

As for the thread OP and getting the 570 it's still a pretty good machine to fit his needs. I would very much miss the power steering that I will never by a tractor without again. Not that I really see myself replacing the 738 anytime soon.
    Woods GBC48 box scraper

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I've ventured into some battery power lawn equipment already and much like the woodworking tools there are some surprisingly powerful battery operated tools out there. I've got a 20v dewalt leaf blower and a 56v Ego hedge trimmer and chainsaw. None of them will replace my gas powered stuff completely yet, but they sure are convenient and capable for quick jobs.
    Same here. The only gas machine anymore I have is an Echo leaf blower. Everything else is battery of one type or another. There is no denying electric will replace all gas at some point, the writing is on the wall.

As for the thread OP and getting the 570 it's still a pretty good machine to fit his needs. I would very much miss the power steering that I will never by a tractor without again. Not that I really see myself replacing the 738 anytime soon.
    I have a base X500 which is the same engine/transaxle as the X570. It's a good reliable combination. I don't miss the power steering at all. My 2720 has it so I know what it's like but I just don't see a need for it on the lawn mower. Now if there are plans for a blade or snow blower then yes, power steering will help. Same with hydraulic lift. I use my lift pedal when mowing over roots and such but I sure wouldn't want to be lifting a snow blower over and over while clearing the driveway.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    07-26-2019 @ 08:17 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for all the advice. I watched a review of the 570 on youtube, and that guy said the deck is a bit hard (and heavy) to take off. Any thoughts on that? Compared to my old Cub, I guess I'm just not used to seeing several idler pulleys, etc. The deck on the Cub is pretty basic and unhooks at two places that attach to the mule drive. Another complaint from the video is the rack and pinion steering - the reviewer just felt that it's a bit of a flimsy design. I've never owned a JD, and so have no idea about any of this.

Regarding the lack of power steering, etc. I really don't think it's something I need (since I haven't had it for 37 years!)
    Last edited by three4rd; 08-08-2018 at 07:03 PM.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast