Thread: X585 triple bagger not filling evenly

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Thanks

X585 triple bagger not filling evenly

Hi, New guy here.
    This forum looks great.
    Proud owner of an X585 for a couple of weeks and was wondering if anyone has figured out how to fill the bags evenly. The bag on the left fills and packs so tight, it's a bear to empty long before the others fill.
    I'm sure someone has figured this out.
    Been looking, but can't find a thread on it.
    Thanks
    Bob
    2002 X585, 54C Deck, 46Blower, 45 FEL, Triple Bagger, Plugger, Thatcher, Spreader, 1965 Massey 220 with FEL and Backhoe, 1971 Gilson 15 HP S Frame

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-04-2019 @ 12:36 PM
    Thanks
    AND THAT IS HOW IT WORKS . The left to the middle to the right it is the way it works ????

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:16 PM
    Thanks
    That is how double and triple baggers work. Laws of physics and air flow. Sometimes, them laws of nature drives us nuts!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 02:39 PM
    Thanks
    You would have to experiment with some baffles to create some air flow disruption that would cause more of the grass to drop before reaching the left bag. If you happen to know someone with an aerodynamics or fluid dynamics background, they might be able to help. Interestingly on mine, my middle bag starts filling pretty good before the left bag is full.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
    JD X585 - 45 Loader, 47 Blower, 54C Deck, 14 Bushel bagger & Power Flow, 13 Steel Dump Cart, JD Front Mount Thatcher, 36" steel roller, Ohio Steel 42CP Aerator

New Holland TC29D (part owner with father - it lives at his house - 7308 FEL w/ heavy duty bucket, backhoe w/ underframe

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:07 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks
    The big issue isn't which bag fills first, it's getting the grass out of it.
    If I don't lay it on the ground and pull the grass out with my hand first, I know the webbed handle will tear out of the plastic bottom and not dump anything because it's packed so tight. Never had to do that with any catcher on a ZT walk behind before and I know my wife will never pull grass out by hand. Must be because ZT's are horizontal unlike the triple being vertical. I'm going to screw around with it this weekend. Seems like it should be a simple fix.
    2002 X585, 54C Deck, 46Blower, 45 FEL, Triple Bagger, Plugger, Thatcher, Spreader, 1965 Massey 220 with FEL and Backhoe, 1971 Gilson 15 HP S Frame

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements