Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: X590 Engine Malfunction Indicator

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 06:55 AM
    Thanks

X590 Engine Malfunction Indicator

Has anyone have the engine malfunction indicator light flash on there X590, mine started doing it just as I finished
    cutting the lawn, tractor seems to run fine, but owners manual says to shut down tractor and call your J.D. dealer, which I did and
    they have the tractor now.
    Just wondering if anyone else had this happen and what the problem could be.
    any input on this would be greatly apprecated
    thanks
    Summers5 likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    07-18-2019 @ 12:43 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by W**T**D View Post
    Has anyone have the engine malfunction indicator light flash on there X590, mine started doing it just as I finished
    cutting the lawn, tractor seems to run fine, but owners manual says to shut down tractor and call your J.D. dealer, which I did and
    thanks
    I had a 2017 x590 that had the same issue. I would intermittently get a flashing engine malfunction indicator light. I had my local dealer check it out and they could not reproduce the problem. Of course, after I got it back, it happened again. The dealer suggested that an ECM replacement might be a solution, but I traded the tractor in before that occurred.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulB324 View Post
    I had a 2017 x590 that had the same issue. I would intermittently get a flashing engine malfunction indicator light. I had my local dealer check it out and they could not reproduce the problem. Of course, after I got it back, it happened again. The dealer suggested that an ECM replacement might be a solution, but I traded the tractor in before that occurred.
    You traded it in because it had a malfunction while it was still under warranty?
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    05-08-2019 @ 06:55 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    You traded it in because it had a malfunction while it was still under warranty?
    This is the 4th time taking my X590 in for warranty work and I'm only on my second summer.

John deere quality has slipped in my opinon, if it would not cost me an arm and leg I would trade it in.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    This is the 4th time taking my X590 in for warranty work and I'm only on my second summer.

John deere quality has slipped in my opinon, if it would not cost me an arm and leg I would trade it in.
    It's a Kawasaki EFI engine. JD had nothing to do with the quality. :-)
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    They should be able to get the engine error code. Stored in memory of the controller or the cluster.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:40 PM
    Thanks
    To access the codes do the following:
    Park brake ON, PTO OFF.
    Key on/off 3 times, leave the key on 3rd time. The codes will come up. They are 2 types of codes. Active and Stored. If active, the code will have an A after the numbers. The Stored codes will have an S after the code. Note.. The S may look like a 5. Once the codes are all displayed the next numbers that come up will be the max rpm the engine has reached. Next it will display the battery voltage in real time. Then it will repeat the codes again.
    Get the codes and post them.
    I will try to help you.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Kennyd, DRobinson, fdmars and 4 others like this.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to xcopterdoc For This Useful Post:

Gebada22(08-28-2018)

11. Top | #8

Last Online
    09-05-2019 @ 02:51 AM
    Thanks
    thanks
    My 2016 590 did this the first day I had it. Dealer came and took it away, no codes, they kept it a week and ran it cold, ran it hot, mowed 1 1/2 acres and no malfunction. Mine also idled down when the light came on.
    The salesman called and asked if I wanted a new one but would take a few weeks so I took it back. No problems since.

Thinking back, I think I disconnected the battery, which I think cleared any codes?
    It must have also cleared the problem.
    Last edited by Nuke; 08-27-2018 at 06:10 PM.

12. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks
    Wondering if this is a common problem. I haven't seen this with my 2016 590.
    "It's not how fast you mow, it's how well you mow fast"

X590
    X540

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:53 PM
    Thanks
    The disconnecting of the battery may clear the codes, that is why vehicles are required to store it in non-volatile memory, and must used a computer to reset the error codes.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast