Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Here’s what I know:
1. Engine turns over fine.
2. At first, there was no fuel in the filter. I took filter off and checked line from tank to filter. The fuel will flow out with gravity’s help if I point it toward ground.
3. Then I put the filter on but not the line from filter to engine. The fuel will flow out of the filter if I point line down toward ground, but not when it’s at it’s normal orientation and I turn the engine over (I thought that fuel would “surge” out if everything were working properly but maybe I’m wrong on that one).
4. I checked fuel line from filter to engine — it has no blockage
5. I put this fuel line back on filter but not on engine. When I point line towards ground, fuel comes out.
6. I tried taking off fuel tank cap because I’d read that can help restore flow of fuel —no help
7. I hooked everything up again but it seems like fuel is not getting to engine.
From internet research, it seems like gunked-up screen in fuel tank or something gunking up carburetor are likely culprits. What do you think? If one of those is the likely problem, fixing those is a little bit beyond my current expertise.