GT235 PTO Clutch anti rotation bracket?

Thread: GT235 PTO Clutch anti rotation bracket?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-11-2019 @ 01:29 AM
    Thanks

GT235 PTO Clutch anti rotation bracket?

Hello,

Iím new to the forum, I have a GT 235 with the 18 hp Briggs & Stratton, and the 48Ē convertible mower deck,

The previous owner had the pto clutch lock up, and spin out, breaking off the anti rotation bracket that sticks down from the underside of the frame. I canít seem to find a part to replace this bracket, it is welded on from the factory.
    Does anyone know of a replacement/retrofit bracket for this, I would much appreciate any information.

Thanks

Troy

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 10:10 PM
    Thanks
    I'm going off memory, but I believe that the bracket is just a short piece of round bar stock welded to the frame. I'm also assuming what you have is similar or the same as my GX345. It would be a relatively easy repair for a welder except access as difficult and it's under the tractor.

One thought is to pull the engine, drill through the frame in the location of the broken bracket/rod then puddle weld the new rod in place from the top. You could then grind the surface flat if needed for the motor.

Not sure if anyone else has an idea but I don't see a quick fix unless there is a bold on repair kit available.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 03:27 PM
    Thanks
    Take a bolt and weld it lengthwise on the bracket right next to the original one.

You will need to mock it up first.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements