X700 series air ride seat BM24379
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: X700 series air ride seat BM24379

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:44 PM
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    X700 series air ride seat BM24379

    Down the road I may put the X700 series upgraded air ride seat on my X590. Does anyone know how to find the operating/installations instructions for part number BM24379?

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:55 AM
    Location
    South West Michigan
    Posts
    7,256
    Thanks
    1,531
    Thanked 605 Times in 531 Posts
    Local JD can print it out for you. See Service, not Parts.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Aug 2018
    Last Online
    10-09-2019 @ 09:44 PM
    Posts
    48
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Ok thanks

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:57 PM
    Location
    Uniontown, Pa
    Posts
    249
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 39 Times in 31 Posts
    It may take some fabricating, not sure if the frame will fit or if the wiring is the same. The seat gets its power from the power port wiring, which is also in with the seat switch, the x700 has an on/off button. One of the guys at work did one and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, he didn't have the power port switch on. The wiring that comes with the seat connects to the original seat plug and goes back to the rear lights and plugs into them, then a pigtail to the new air seat. I would see if there is one around to try, I am short, with it all the way up I had to stretch to the pedals, comfort was so so, like the factory x700 seat or X590 seat better.

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Springfield Mo. area
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffW View Post
    It may take some fabricating, not sure if the frame will fit or if the wiring is the same. The seat gets its power from the power port wiring, which is also in with the seat switch, the x700 has an on/off button. One of the guys at work did one and couldn't figure out why it wasn't working, he didn't have the power port switch on. The wiring that comes with the seat connects to the original seat plug and goes back to the rear lights and plugs into them, then a pigtail to the new air seat. I would see if there is one around to try, I am short, with it all the way up I had to stretch to the pedals, comfort was so so, like the factory x700 seat or X590 seat better.

    It should bolt right up. It's exactly the same part number on the suspension base. AM148403. The wiring harness may not be the same but it would be easy to wire up IMO. It just needs a 12V supply.

    I just installed the seat on my X754. I did exactly the same thing as the guy at your work. I forgot to turn on the 12V port with the switch on the dash and wondered why it wasn't working. A quick look at the instructions did the trick.
    mjncad and BigJim55 like this.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

  8. Top | #6
    Mud yapster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Is the air ride seat really that much better? I've read on here it isn't that much better. Since you have used both can you fill us inquiring minds in please. Isn't it like a $1k upgrade.
    mjncad and BigJim55 like this.

  9. Top | #7

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Last Online
    09-19-2019 @ 09:21 AM
    Location
    Springfield Mo. area
    Posts
    284
    Thanks
    11
    Thanked 57 Times in 40 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud yapster View Post
    Is the air ride seat really that much better? I've read on here it isn't that much better. Since you have used both can you fill us inquiring minds in please. Isn't it like a $1k upgrade.

    The seat lists for $850 with John Deere Parts. I paid $600 as part of the deal on the X754. At that price they told me that their parts department was making about $65 on the seat. My initial reaction to the seat ride was, WOW!!! this is great. After I calmed down from all that initial exuberance I think it's pretty good. A little bit better than the stock suspension seat. I'm glad I have it. It does have more travel then the stock seat. At first I was thinking that I would get another one for my 2025R but I think Ill keep my 4000 series seat on that tractor as it has 4.5" of up and down travel and is weight adjustable. It's the best seat I've ever had on any of my tractors.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    2025R Gen II, 260B Backhoe, D120 Loader, 60" deck
    X754 All Wheel Steer with 60" deck

  10. Top | #8
    mjncad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:40 AM
    Location
    Front Range of Colorado
    Posts
    7,002
    Thanks
    1,797
    Thanked 554 Times in 439 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    It should bolt right up. It's exactly the same part number on the suspension base. AM148403. The wiring harness may not be the same but it would be easy to wire up IMO. It just needs a 12V supply.

    I just installed the seat on my X754. I did exactly the same thing as the guy at your work. I forgot to turn on the 12V port with the switch on the dash and wondered why it wasn't working. A quick look at the instructions did the trick.
    I don't recall seeing an air-ride seat as an option when I bought my X754 in 2014. Maybe it became optional after people complained that the standard suspension wasn't capable of handling 200-pound operators very well.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    I have more ideas than ambition.


  11. Top | #9
    Mud yapster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-19-2018 @ 05:13 PM
    Posts
    6
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud yapster View Post
    Is the air ride seat really that much better? I've read on here it isn't that much better. Since you have used both can you fill us inquiring minds in please. Isn't it like a $1k upgrade.

    The seat lists for $850 with John Deere Parts. I paid $600 as part of the deal on the X754. At that price they told me that their parts department was making about $65 on the seat. My initial reaction to the seat ride was, WOW!!! this is great. After I calmed down from all that initial exuberance I think it's pretty good. A little bit better than the stock suspension seat. I'm glad I have it. It does have more travel then the stock seat. At first I was thinking that I would get another one for my 2025R but I think Ill keep my 4000 series seat on that tractor as it has 4.5" of up and down travel and is weight adjustable. It's the best seat I've ever had on any of my tractors.
    Thanks for the feedback on the seat.

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Last Online
    10-08-2018 @ 02:24 PM
    Location
    Quispamsis New Brunswick Canada
    Posts
    3
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Are you happy with the Air-Ride seat?

    Quote Originally Posted by jimfrits View Post
    The seat lists for $850 with John Deere Parts. I paid $600 as part of the deal on the X754. At that price they told me that their parts department was making about $65 on the seat. My initial reaction to the seat ride was, WOW!!! this is great. After I calmed down from all that initial exuberance I think it's pretty good. A little bit better than the stock suspension seat. I'm glad I have it. It does have more travel then the stock seat. At first I was thinking that I would get another one for my 2025R but I think Ill keep my 4000 series seat on that tractor as it has 4.5" of up and down travel and is weight adjustable. It's the best seat I've ever had on any of my tractors.
    Would you recommend me buying the Air-ride seat from JD for my X580, (2016) as I am looking for a more comfortable ride over what I have on it now. Currently I have an upgraded high back/with arm rests, aftermarket seat that I purchased several years ago for around $200. on line. I have used it on my old x320, then switched it over to the x580 etc. The Air-ride system is a $1300. cost with taxes here in Canada. Is it worth the cost for the up grade?
    BigJim55 likes this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •