• 3 Post By xcopterdoc
  • 1 Post By Tommymc

Thread: LT133 value as gift?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks

LT133 value as gift?

Hi, new member here. I've been looking for a lawn tractor with a manual transmission to replace my 28 yr old Craftsman. My neighbor has a Deere LT133 which she is no longer using. (A couple of years ago, it stalled a few times while mowing and she had to push it back to the garage. After that, she got tired of the hassle and decided to hire a lawn service) I asked her if she would consider selling the tractor at a fair price, and she said I would be doing her a favor by just getting it out of her garage. The tractor is actually in pretty good shape. The tires are very cracked and were flat. They are now holding air but will soon need replacement (or inner tubes) The battery took enough of a charge to get it started, but is also on the list for replacement. One of the mandrels on the mower deck is making a loud racket. I greased it, but that didn't quiet things. It spins freely, but I suspect will need replacement sooner than later. Other than that, and a couple of very minor rust spots, I don't see any condition issues.

So here's the thing, although my neighbor has gifted it to me, I really feel that the tractor is in better shape than she thought. Not wanting to take advantage of a good neighbor, I would like to offer her a reasonable amount for the tractor. I would appreciate any thoughts on the street value vs sold-to-a-friend value.

I'm sure I'll have some more questions as I get acquainted with this machine. Thanks for any suggestions.
    Last edited by Tommymc; 09-18-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    Herminator likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Thanks
    I am not much on pricing but $100 is a good I think.
    Most common issue on these for running and cutting off is the ignition coil. I would replace the coil, all the fuel lines and remove the carb bowl to check for yack. Not sure what a blade spindle costs but I would remove the deck and check everything. Also you will be able to look up under it ans see what the drive belt looks like.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 08:14 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xcopterdoc View Post
    I am not much on pricing but $100 is a good I think.
    Most common issue on these for running and cutting off is the ignition coil. I would replace the coil, all the fuel lines and remove the carb bowl to check for yack. Not sure what a blade spindle costs but I would remove the deck and check everything. Also you will be able to look up under it ans see what the drive belt looks like.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I was thinking along the lines of $100 - $200 too. I mowed my 1 acre lawn/field today and it ran flawlessly, so not too worried about the stalling issue.
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements