JD 260 lift arm
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By John Deere 1025R TLB
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear
  • 1 Post By Zebrafive
  • 1 Post By Mike265

Thread: JD 260 lift arm

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    JD 260 lift arm

    I've been looking through this assembly drawing trying to figure out what the button connects to to lock the arm in place. The button on mine is very loose when i push it and doesn't lock in any position.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LIFT LINK.png  

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,449
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPHER5150 View Post
    I've been looking through this assembly drawing trying to figure out what the button connects to to lock the arm in place. The button on mine is very loose when i push it and doesn't lock in any position.
    This is apparently the new 260. I do not recognize any much of that breakdown. All I can say is they must have complicated a simple thing again. This is supposed to be the back hoe?
    Bill
    Last edited by John Deere 1025R TLB; 11-06-2018 at 04:37 PM.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  4. Top | #3
    John Deere 1025R TLB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:04 PM
    Location
    Scranton, PA Area
    Posts
    2,449
    Thanks
    114
    Thanked 169 Times in 157 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    This is apparently the new 260. I do not recognize any much of that breakdown. All I can say is they must have complicated a simple thing again. This is supposed to be the back hoe?
    Bill
    OOPS, see this is NOT in the SCUT Forum. No wonder it looks weird to me!
    Oscar Leroy likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    SulleyBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:24 AM
    Location
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Posts
    7,011
    Thanks
    1,413
    Thanked 2,497 Times in 1,405 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John Deere 1025R TLB View Post
    OOPS, see this is NOT in the SCUT Forum. No wonder it looks weird to me!
    A very timely 5:30pm brainfart.......It happens to the best of us..............

    I was trying to decide which bucket size was on that backhoe.....



    As far as the OP's original question about the lift handle and the button being loose, is the button lose like the spring is broken or missing, as if there is no spring tension on the button at all?

    1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

    John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

    ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products





  7. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

    John Deere 1025R TLB (11-06-2018)

  8. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Right there seems to be no resistance wheni push the button

  9. Top | #6
    Mike265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 05:37 PM
    Location
    Summerfield Florida
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    I have my 265 apart right now, I can take a few pictures tomorrow in daylight and post them on how it works. I have the body off for painting so it will be easy to see.. Let me know...

  10. Top | #7
    Zebrafive's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:31 PM
    Location
    South West Michigan
    Posts
    7,192
    Thanks
    1,523
    Thanked 599 Times in 525 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPHER5150 View Post
    I've been looking through this assembly drawing trying to figure out what the button connects to to lock the arm in place. The button on mine is very loose when i push it and doesn't lock in any position.
    IIRC there is a ratchet on the right side of part key 25 and pawl to the ratchet is what the button's linkage connects to.

    Many years ago I bent the lift lever on my 285. Short story is I mowed between the swings of our kid's swing set and the lever caught a chain for a swing. I did a great job of anchoring the swing set. The lever ended up pointing to the rear. I and the JD parts guy had a good laugh.

    I gave my service tech manual to member after my 285 was stolen. Gave forward so to speak or I could look it up and check.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

  11. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike265 View Post
    I have my 265 apart right now, I can take a few pictures tomorrow in daylight and post them on how it works. I have the body off for painting so it will be easy to see.. Let me know...
    that would be great

  12. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 07:05 AM
    Location
    Grandville, MI
    Posts
    112
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebrafive View Post
    IIRC there is a ratchet on the right side of part key 25 and pawl to the ratchet is what the button's linkage connects to.

    Many years ago I bent the lift lever on my 285. Short story is I mowed between the swings of our kid's swing set and the lever caught a chain for a swing. I did a great job of anchoring the swing set. The lever ended up pointing to the rear. I and the JD parts guy had a good laugh.

    I gave my service tech manual to member after my 285 was stolen. Gave forward so to speak or I could look it up and check.
    Seems like you can get a used one online for next to nothing, but putting new brakes on my JD costs my eternal soul.

  13. Top | #10
    Mike265's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    07-21-2019 @ 05:37 PM
    Location
    Summerfield Florida
    Posts
    82
    Thanks
    2
    Thanked 10 Times in 9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPHER5150 View Post
    that would be great
    Here are a few pictures of the push rod against the latch plate. When you push the button all it does is push the rod against the plate and it rotates to unlatch the arm.. It don't go into anything. There are only 2 bolts that hold the arm in place, then the 4 clips on the boot..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0774.JPG   IMG_0771.JPG   IMG_0770.JPG  
    TOPHER5150 likes this.

  14. The Following User Says Thank You to Mike265 For This Useful Post:

    Zebrafive (11-14-2018)

  15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •