I'm new here, so I hope I'm not bringing something up that's been covered before. I know that's irritating.
So, I've had my beautiful new X584 all of a month. I was rolling along in new-found mower bliss, when I ran over a big stick, unseen due to leaf cover. I immediately stopped the blades, went off the lawn and onto the driveway, and manually cleared the debris from under the deck. I got going again, but the left blade is still hitting something. I drove the front wheels onto ramps to see what's going on and it looks like a bent piece is sticking out, but I can't see clearly, so I went to take the deck off.
The manual makes it seem pretty easy...just lower the deck, turn the unit-scalp wheels 90°, release the belt, pull the J-pins, move the front bracket off, and slide it out. Problem is the J-pins aren't budging. I've lifted the deck to different heights, I've lifted the deck with my hand while pulling the J-pins, I've even tried hooking a chain to the J-pin and gently jerking on it...nothing. It feels like the J-pin is welded on or something. It's super frustrating because the manual makes it look easy and I know it's a super simple system, but I'm not having any luck.
I'd be grateful for suggestions.