Why is that?
Results 1 to 10 of 10
Like Tree23Likes
  • 1 Post By XMan
  • 2 Post By Gizmo2
  • 3 Post By MeagerHair
  • 4 Post By XMan
  • 3 Post By Fade2Blk
  • 4 Post By IndianaJim
  • 2 Post By Levi
  • 2 Post By XMan
  • 1 Post By kbeaag
  • 1 Post By XMan

Thread: Why is that?

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    12-03-2018 @ 11:35 AM
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Why is that?

    Hi all,
    I have 250' of side hill road frontage that is completely clear of objects with the exception of my fieldstone mailbox pillar. Yesterday when I was mowing with my new X584 the rear wheels suddenly lost traction and the tractor did a fast 90 degree swing to the road and slid backwards right into my fieldstone pillar. What are the odds? LOL
    Herminator likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,198
    Thanks
    5,771
    Thanked 3,955 Times in 2,915 Posts
    Welcome to GTT XMan.
    DRobinson and Herminator like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD, The Wife
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  4. Top | #3
    MeagerHair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:59 PM
    Location
    Cumberland Valley - PA
    Posts
    1,093
    Thanks
    49
    Thanked 154 Times in 107 Posts
    Welcome.

    Good news is you weren’t hurt. Hopefully the tractor didn’t get too dinged.
    DRobinson, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    2007 2305, New to Me 12/15
    62c MMM, Independent Mid Lift
    H130 FEL, Heavy Hitch, , IMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks,
    N1 Sunshade, 48" Flex Hitch King Kutter,
    72" CTA Snow Pusher, CIDAttachments Forks
    LP 60” Grader Scrapper, R2 Edge Tamers
    Hitch'N Can

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    12-03-2018 @ 11:35 AM
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Nope. Just the first paint scratch.
    My tractor has the 54" mulch deck. Does an OK job on the grass in the summer but absolutely annihilates the leaves in the fall. That plus the fact that it doesn't blow grass in my wife's flower garden really makes the mulch deck a real keeper for me. Love the X584 tractor! Just traded up this year from an X304
    Levi, Herminator, PJR832 and 1 others like this.

  7. Top | #5
    Fade2Blk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Last Online
    07-07-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Location
    Lapeer, Michigan
    Posts
    134
    Thanks
    39
    Thanked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    First scratch is the hardest, but be extra careful on slopes!
    Last edited by Fade2Blk; 11-24-2018 at 01:10 PM.
    Levi, Herminator and PJR832 like this.

    John Deere 3038E
    300E Loader / 61” Bucket
    BXpanded Piranha Tooth Bar
    iMatch Quick Hitch
    FRONTIER Grooming Mower GM3060
    Titan Attachments CAT 1 Ballast Box
    Land Pride Back Blade 7’
    CountyLine Box Blade 6’
    CountyLine York Rake 6’

  8. Top | #6
    IndianaJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:59 PM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,448
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 198 Times in 151 Posts
    If thats something you do regularly, get wheel weights.

    There seems to be the opinion here and there that rear wheel weights on small tractors dont help with things like this, but having mowed side hills for quite some time, I can tell you that without a doubt, they do help a lot.
    Jim B.

    318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

    Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

  9. Top | #7
    Bonehead Club Lackey Levi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Last Online
    09-20-2019 @ 10:39 AM
    Location
    NE Tenn.
    Posts
    10,148
    Thanks
    2,987
    Thanked 1,896 Times in 1,064 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by XMan View Post
    Hi all,
    I have 250' of side hill road frontage that is completely clear of objects with the exception of my fieldstone mailbox pillar. Yesterday when I was mowing with my new X584 the rear wheels suddenly lost traction and the tractor did a fast 90 degree swing to the road and slid backwards right into my fieldstone pillar. What are the odds? LOL
    Either the pillar or the tractor needed their first scratch. And of 'course you needed to learn an lesson and live through it to tell others what can happen.


    Been there, done that comes to mind.
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

    Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    12-03-2018 @ 11:35 AM
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Thumbs up

    Quote Originally Posted by Levi View Post
    Either the pillar or the tractor needed their first scratch. And of 'course you needed to learn an lesson and live through it to tell others what can happen.


    Been there, done that comes to mind.
    You are absolutely right Levi. Was wondering what my first post would be on this forum. Suddenly I knew exactly what it would be.
    Levi and Herminator like this.

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:24 PM
    Location
    Between Missouri & Kansas
    Posts
    297
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 33 Times in 28 Posts
    John Deere know there is going to be some scratches on their famous equipment, and that is the reason a stock heavy on that famous green and yellow paint. However, you have any option on buying the paint. Instead of paying the dealers heavy price, you can go to Lowe's and get the same paint(exact matching color) for about 1/2 the dealers cost. On the can it says...John Deere Green and Yellow. It's called "Farm Implement" made by Rust-Oleum. You best buy two (2) cans each, for you will be needing it sooner or later.
    Levi likes this.

  12. Top | #10

    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Last Online
    12-03-2018 @ 11:35 AM
    Posts
    4
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kbeaag View Post
    John Deere know there is going to be some scratches on their famous equipment, and that is the reason a stock heavy on that famous green and yellow paint. However, you have any option on buying the paint. Instead of paying the dealers heavy price, you can go to Lowe's and get the same paint(exact matching color) for about 1/2 the dealers cost. On the can it says...John Deere Green and Yellow. It's called "Farm Implement" made by Rust-Oleum. You best buy two (2) cans each, for you will be needing it sooner or later.
    Great advice Kbeaag! Thanks for the heads up!
    Levi likes this.

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •