Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By JD4044M

Thread: X360 Hydraulic Noise

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-13-2018 @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks

X360 Hydraulic Noise

I noted a whining noise in the p/s and deck position hydraulics and saw that the reservoir cap had popped off thus allowing the hypo oil to leak out over time. I filled the tank which initially took are of the noise, but it comes back after restarting the tractor the next day. Goes away after about 10 minutes of running it. Does anyone know what the issue is?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iezzif View Post
    I noted a whining noise in the p/s and deck position hydraulics and saw that the reservoir cap had popped off thus allowing the hypo oil to leak out over time. I filled the tank which initially took are of the noise, but it comes back after restarting the tractor the next day. Goes away after about 10 minutes of running it. Does anyone know what the issue is?
    Try and cycle the steering back and forth a bunch of times. Sounds like you still have some air in the system. Then double check your fluid level.
    North585, buckteeth445 and Mike265 like this.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    12-13-2018 @ 06:25 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks! I'll try that. By the way, I forgot to ask why the oil reservoir cap is constantly popping off during use. I've replaced it several times. Is the system under pressure?

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Iezzif View Post
    Thanks! I'll try that. By the way, I forgot to ask why the oil reservoir cap is constantly popping off during use. I've replaced it several times. Is the system under pressure?
    Not sure but is it possible your over filling the reservoir not being level. Look at your manual and make sure it is to be checked running or not running like a Automatic Transmission has to be in park running. Check your cap to make sure it has a good fit and not messed up or worn some.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JD4044M For This Useful Post:

Iezzif (12-03-2018)

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 03:11 PM
    Thanks
    Your manual is your best option...make that your ONLY option. On my 322, I have to run it for 10-20 minutes and shut it down. I then HAVE to wait another 10 minutes for the oil to come back into the site gage. This is in my manual! GD4044 has an excellent point; Maybe (??) it needs to be running, or not, in "gear" or not. Only your manual will tell you this. Bob
    '80 317 w/18hp B&S and divert valve for rear hydraulics, 3 pt hitch, 5' york rake
    '82 314 w/rear PTO for tiller
    33 tiller
    49 thrower
    54 4 way blade
    Mod 48 deck & Mod 462 TracVac

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rwmeyer For This Useful Post:

Iezzif (12-03-2018)

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements