• 2 Post By martincom
  • 2 Post By Adamq

Thread: John Deere 425 aws pto problem

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-20-2018 @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks

John Deere 425 aws pto problem

Hey fellas...first day in the group and I'm hoping maybe someone can help me with this. I'm having a problrm with the pto on a 2000 425 aws I recently putchased from a friend I went to hs with. So the problem started one day when I tried to cut the grass...pulled the pto and nothing happened. Back to the barn and some diagnosis. Looked like the switch was bad so I replaced it with an oem...same problem. I found that one of the 8 terminals on the switch was hot, facing the back of the switch it is the top left terminal. Checking it with a test light I accidentally jumoed across to the middle terminal and when I did that terminal became hot...and stayed hot and the pto began working. Turning off the ignition and then on, I would have to rejump the 2 terminals to get it to work. After a few tried it began working on its own even after turning off the ignition. Ok...I thought it fixed itself, but not so lucky. Every couple of days I have to rejump the switch and with the switch being such a bear to take out of the dash I leave it loose in the opening. Any idesa why I'm having to "re energize" the switch?
    Not worth starting another thread but does anyone know how to check the lubricant in the gear box on a 47" snowblower? Thanks for your help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:28 AM
    Thanks
    More than likely you have an issue with one of the safety switches. My first guess would be the brake switch and the second would be the forward/reverse switch. The Technical Manual has excellent troubleshooting flow charts that will step you through the diagnostics as well as how to adjust the switch(es). You can download it here.
    fdmars and Herminator like this.
    2017 1025R TLB & 2017 1025R FEL
    2*54 Mower Decks w/Independent Lift
    2*47 Snow Blowers
    2*Cozy Cab
    2*Heavy Hitch Receiver Hitch w/Dual Suitcase Weight Brackets, Storage Cart, & 1*Front Suitcase Weight Bracket
    50" Wicked Root Grapple
    Land Pride LR1560 Land Rake w/ wide gauge wheels & plow blade
    BXpanded Backhoe Dolly
    MCS20 Leaf/clippings hopper
    647 Tiller
    2001 455 AWS & 1999 455 AWS--Both Sold

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    12-20-2018 @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks very much for your help. I spoke with a local dealer and they mentioned that it could be caused by the "time delay module" so I'm trying to find out what I can about that.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrio View Post
    Thanks very much for your help. I spoke with a local dealer and they mentioned that it could be caused by the "time delay module" so I'm trying to find out what I can about that.
    Does yours have the flat plate with a spring down by the reverse switch on the frame in front of the “passenger” side rear wheel. Is the spring good?
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:44 AM
    Thanks
    I had a similar problem and had to replace the key switch. It has a computer board attached to it that is the cause of the problem. Wasn't a big deal to replace. Pretty common on the 4X5 tractors.

Adam
    DRobinson and Delrio like this.
    2019 2025R, H120 Loader, 260b Backhoe, 47 QH Snow BLower, EL23 Kuhn Tiller, I-match, Heavy Hitch and misc. attachments

2016 X758, 54" HC mower, Quick Hitch, 60" blade, 3 pt hitch

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements