Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: X580-590 3 point hitch

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 PM
    Thanks

X580-590 3 point hitch

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket 3PH available for the 580/590??
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Vietnam Veteran

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,219 Posts
    The only thing I've seen mentioned is from Kolpin. It's not a traditional 3PH as it attaches to the tractor via a 2" receiver. Given that the X580/590 shares the same platform with the X300-series your options are limited. It can be confusing when you're looking around since you'll see options for the older X495/X595 which have the same platform as the current X700-series.

Dirtworks ATV Tools | Kolpin | Kolpin
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 03:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    The only thing I've seen mentioned is from Kolpin. It's not a traditional 3PH as it attaches to the tractor via a 2" receiver. Given that the X580/590 shares the same platform with the X300-series your options are limited. It can be confusing when you're looking around since you'll see options for the older X495/X595 which have the same platform as the current X700-series.

Dirtworks ATV Tools | Kolpin | Kolpin
    Correct that is about the Only one that will work

another thing You could try is finding a 3point Hitch for a 140,300,316Kohler or a 317 and replacing the Hydraulic cylinder with a electric Actuator or Electric over Hydraulic actuator Because what it Funny the 3point frame itself will actually Mount to the X500 series Frame. Because that old 3point Frame Mounts similar to the Integral Hitch(sleeve Hitch). The Modern Manual Lift Integral hitch for the X500 series Mounts to the Tractor frame the same way the Older Integral or 3 point hitch did for the Tractors listed above
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks Jgayman. I have 2" receiver hitch capabilities off of my integral powered hitch, but that makes no sense. My thought is to replace the sleeve hitch with a CAT 1 3pt hitch.

Sarge, do you have any info on the 3ph your talking about. If it mounts to the 500 series I'm half way there.
    JD X738

Vietnam Veteran

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    BM15158 is the 3point Hitch Kit Most of the Parts are No Longer available from Deere But if You can find One on ebay or Craig's List and then replace the Hydraulic cylinder with a Electric actuator(Old 3point Hitch In left Picture) I bought one on Ebay for $450 about 12 years ago and then another one for $500 Plus shipping from another Member Here earlier this year Keep In mind this hitch is a Cat 0

But here a way to Mount the Kolpin Hitch on to the X500 series Get One of these -The MoJack and the Kolpin hitch will slid right into that. The Kolpin hitch will be a easier solution than a Old Pre 1983 JD 3 point Hitch for 300 and 100 series tractors Just because the Kolpin is readily available new
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 09a723dd01fd482caf5358e15d7b74a0.jpg 140643_ts.jpg
    JD4044M likes this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,TX Gator
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    BM15158 is the 3point Hitch Kit Most of the Parts are No Longer available from Deere But if You can find One on ebay or Craig's List and then replace the Hydraulic cylinder with a Electric actuator(Old 3point Hitch In left Picture) I bought one on Ebay for $450 about 12 years ago and then another one for $500 Plus shipping from another Member Here earlier this year Keep In mind this hitch is a Cat 0

But here a way to Mount the Kolpin Hitch on to the X500 series Get One of these -The MoJack and the Kolpin hitch will slid right into that. The Kolpin hitch will be a easier solution than a Old Pre 1983 JD 3 point Hitch for 300 and 100 series tractors Just because the Kolpin is readily available new
    I like the looks of the Kolpin hitch, I just don't like attaching ground breaking implements to a receiver hitch. Plus, I have two (2) actuator links coming from under the tractor and out the rear. One for the integral power sleeve hitch, and one for the tiller. I'll make this happen somehow, probably in the spring.

What would be nice would be the ability to apply down force to the implements. JD has decided that everything on 500 series must float, and that is done by slotting the actuating end of the hydraulic cylinder connection to the rock shaft. If it wasn't slotted, then down force could be applied. That opens up a whole new can of worms though, and IMO the only right way to do the job would be being able to float the att5achments through the use of a hydraulic valve. If I could do that then a 3ph wouldn't be needed. Should have bought a 700 just for the hitch, but it's too big for my needs.
    JD4044M likes this.
    JD X738

Vietnam Veteran

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,605 Times in 1,219 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    I like the looks of the Kolpin hitch, I just don't like attaching ground breaking implements to a receiver hitch. Plus, I have two (2) actuator links coming from under the tractor and out the rear. One for the integral power sleeve hitch, and one for the tiller. I'll make this happen somehow, probably in the spring.
    A 2" receiver (Class III) is stronger than you might think. Class III hitches used as weight carrying are rated up to 6000 lbs. gross trailer weight (GTW) with a maximum trailer tongue weight (TW) of 600 lbs. This is close to the weight of your tractor.

What would be nice would be the ability to apply down force to the implements. JD has decided that everything on 500 series must float, and that is done by slotting the actuating end of the hydraulic cylinder connection to the rock shaft. If it wasn't slotted, then down force could be applied. That opens up a whole new can of worms though, and IMO the only right way to do the job would be being able to float the att5achments through the use of a hydraulic valve. If I could do that then a 3ph wouldn't be needed. Should have bought a 700 just for the hitch, but it's too big for my needs.
    A 3PH typically floats by default and does not provide any down force (other than gravity). The exception being certain larger agricultural tractors that can be optioned with extra cylinders on the 3PH which provide down force.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 04:49 PM
    Thanks
    The 3PH on the x700 is a floating design. The only down force comes from the weight of the implement.

Have you looked into modifying a cheap quick hitch like the one from harbor freight to work as an adaptor between your integral hitch and a cat 0 implement? I'm not very familiar with the integral hitch so I'm not sure if that would even work.
    X738, 54HC deck w/ auto connect, 3PH
    Woods GBC48 box scraper
    Day dreaming of a 54" snow blower

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post

if It down force You want even though You already Have the Hydraulic Integral Hitch You May want to Look at this Universal Sleeve Hitch I have One On MY GX335 You Have two Positions for Mounting the actuator Float Mode Or Non Float Mode What is Nice about it You Can use your front Blade at the same time Your using a sleeve Hitch rear Blade if You want

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergeant View Post
    if It down force You want even though You already Have the Hydraulic Integral Hitch You May want to Look at this Universal Sleeve Hitch I have One On MY GX335 You Have two Positions for Mounting the actuator Float Mode Or Non Float Mode What is Nice about it You Can use your front Blade at the same time Your using a sleeve Hitch rear Blade if You want

I'm old, and now I guess I'm senile. I worked my sisters farm every year during the summer back in the mid to late 60's. I had full use of Ford, IH, and one really old JD. On that farm was a road that washed out about once per month and I would take the Ford 4000 series with a blade on the 3PH and drag it, applying down force, over the washed out sections of the road until the road was just like new. So now I'm being told all of my attachments should float????? I don't get it, only because down force is required for many types of earth moving work.
    JD X738

Vietnam Veteran

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast