• 3 Post By AlKozak
  • 3 Post By gittyup

Thread: Pallet forks on Xseries quick hitch

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 05:14 PM
    Thanks

Pallet forks on Xseries quick hitch

Has anyone made pallet forks to attach to quick attatch on an Xseries? I know it wont be ideal for lifting to high but just after moving items from spot A to B easier

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:42 PM
    Thanks
    I had pallet forks on the rear 3-pt of my X495 that were accessories to the Load Lifter that I got from AZWelding (a site sponsor here...) Even though they don't lift high like those fitted to an FEL, they are still quite handy as seen in these pictures. I suspect a quick hitch on the front of an X-series does not lift any higher than a 3-pt...but you sure could move pallets. Traction might be a bit more of an issue than having the pallet load mostly on the rear wheels

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pallet of 8 ea 5 gal shrubs.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	57.5 KB 
ID:	663740

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	x495 load lifter first use.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	663742

Chuck
    Last edited by Chuckv; 12-25-2018 at 10:28 PM.
    North585 and TJR345 like this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reit38 View Post
    Has anyone made pallet forks to attach to quick attatch on an Xseries? I know it wont be ideal for lifting to high but just after moving items from spot A to B easier
    I assume you mean with QuickTach hitch on the front of the tractor? If so, one problem with using it for pallet forks is it does not remain level when you raise it up. Instead it pivots at the back and only the front raises up (more of a tilting operation). That would mean the pallet forks would tilt back significantly when raised up making it difficult to haul things without dumping the load.
    North585, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    That is true I suppose. I did see a whole forklift setup with mast on craigslist a while back but cant seem to find it now. That would be real handy. Think the guy only wanted $200

BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:38 PM
    Thanks
    When I had my old Massey tractor with no loader I welded up a receiver hitch on a angle on top of the rear blade to slip a boom inside. Worked for what I needed to lift things with and not have to remove my rear blade. You can see it in this picture plowing snow. That old Massy sure could pull one heck of a load of snow till it stalled dead. Then I could not lift it high enough to get going and would have to dig out if not careful plowing my driveway once in a while. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TRACTOR SNOW1.JPG 
Views:	9 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	663848
    BigJim55 likes this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:14 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,610 Times in 1,223 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by reit38 View Post
    That is true I suppose. I did see a whole forklift setup with mast on craigslist a while back but cant seem to find it now. That would be real handy. Think the guy only wanted $200
    Was it a setup designed for a garden tractor or was it a real forklift mast? If it was a real forklift mast it's pretty much certain that the weight of said mast + any forks you would attach would likely weigh more than the front axle of any X-series garden tractor would handle.

You mentioned X-series but didn't say if you had a 300, 500 or 700 series machine.
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Its was designed for a garden tractor

I have a x475

jgayman, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    06-03-2019 @ 07:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Was it a setup designed for a garden tractor or was it a real forklift mast? If it was a real forklift mast it's pretty much certain that the weight of said mast + any forks you would attach would likely weigh more than the front axle of any X-series garden tractor would handle.

You mentioned X-series but didn't say if you had a 300, 500 or 700 series machine.
    A long time ago GE used to make a series of electric garden tractors called Elec-Trak (eventually bought by Wheel Horse). One of the consumer models added front fenders and an orange paint job and was marketed for industrial applications and had a real telescoping fork lift frame that could be attached to the front. The key difference between this frame/tractor combination and a real forklift is that the frame had a set of industrial casters that it rode on, removing the load from the front tractor axle.

Al
    jgayman, BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    06-16-2019 @ 06:51 PM
    Thanks
    I'm sure you could rig something up for the front hitch. Not withstanding the angle change (same is true for 3PH versions without hydraulic top link), I suspect the lift capacity of the front hitch would be pretty light considering how far out in front a fork load might be. And then you'd need ballast on the back too. If you want something like that, the 3PH is a better option, and they already make forks for that setup. I use a carry-all on my 3PH. It's cheaper than most fork lit options and is well matched for the lift capacity of my X739.

I had a high lift fork for a 3PH that I used a bit on my CUT. That think was sweet, but required two sets of remote hydraulics, one to raise to max height (7 feet) and one to adjust the tilt (via hydraulic toplink) to keep it level. Now if you kept the 3 pt very low to the ground, you could get by without the hydraulic toplink, but you were then limited to about 5 feet of lift height. It was a beast, made by Worksaver. I didn't use it much, and it really needed to be on a tractor with more 3PH lift capability, so I sold it. What a great attachment though, especially if you don't have a loader.
    BigJim55, JD4044M and reit38 like this.

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements