Your thoughts on an x324

Thread: Your thoughts on an x324

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 07:07 PM
    Thanks

Your thoughts on an x324

The following tractor is one that my grandfather gave me to sell for him. I've not had a lot of serious interest in it and was wondering your thoughts on this one.
    This is what I know about it:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0257.JPG 
Views:	7 
Size:	129.9 KB 
ID:	668360
    • 2009 model year
    • AWS model
    • 610 hours on a 22hp Kawasaki engine
    • John Deere 44" snow blower and 48" mowing deck

It does have an 8" or 10" hole in the hood on the otherside where the flywheel flew off? (What was told to me) He maintained it with regular trips to the dealer. I used it for 2 months over the summer and it mows great (maybe a little better than my 455). Yesterday I had it out blowing (only the 4th time the blower was used) 18" drifts WITHOUT the tire chains and it never missed a beat.

I am a JD noob, so I really want to hear what you think about this one, price, etc. I know a lot of you have multiple Deere's and it's tempting to keep, but he's letting me keep half of the proceeds and we really could use the money for medicine for my wife.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    I bought a 2014 with 224 hours from my dealer last March. It came with a power flo bagger system and 48 deck. It was in good shape. They were asking $2200 and quickly took $2000 cash. I thought it was underpriced. I’m in the Pacific NW and Deere requires a little more green here sometimes. I have seen a few other 324’s in the region where people were asking a lot more without much success. You should check out Machine Finder.com. I usually only mow part of my seven acres with the 324. The 324 has the K58 transaxle and is much better regarded than lower models. The 22hp Kawasaki has enough power to support a 54 inch deck. My tractor was down for a month and I used the 324 twice on five acres of fields. It did very well. It did so well that I bought a used X540 to go with it. I like the AWS and the 324 is great for my inner yard. I don’t see myself parting with it anytime soon. Some people don’t like the squishy ride of AWS. After getting used to power steering on the 540 I can see that a 394 would be a very sweet ride on the lawn. Finding a good used 534 or 584 would be really nice and I could go with a single machine. Good luck with your machine whatever you decide to do with it.
    2006 2305, 880 hours, 200CX FEL, Imatch (stationary hook), Frontier 1060E RFM, BB2048L, LR1060L, JD403 rotary cutter, Wallenstein CAN BX42, Since Tractor Time With Tim: Artillian forks, Front Hoe, 3PT adaptor, 2" receiver plate, Heavy Hitch dual weight bracket, HH Tooth bar, HH ripper/middle buster.
    Used 2014 X324 AWS 48"/Powerflo bags; 2011 Craigslist: X540 54”, MC519/Powerflo, 48 front blade; ‘78 316K/33 tiller. ‘80 314 project.

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements